Please find below a number of notices and reminders:
- Deadline for Proposals – BWF AGM 2022 – Friday 11 February 2022
- BWF Sports Disciplinary Panel – members of the panel – notice
- BWF Subscription Payment 2022 – update
- Membership Questionnaires – reminder
- Job Opportunities – Badminton Europe / Singapore Badminton – reminder
- Deadline for Proposals to the AGM
Further to our announcement of 29 October 2021 (linked here), this is a friendly reminder that the deadline for Members to make a proposal to the BWF AGM 2022 is midnight KL time, Friday 11 February.
Key dates to remember towards the AGM 2022:
- Monday 31 January 2022 – Deadline for BWF subscriptions 2022
- Friday 11 February 2022 – Deadline for proposals
- Friday 18 March 2022 – Notice of the AGM / agenda / papers / annual report
- Friday 1 April 2022 – Deadline for amendments to proposals
- Saturday 07 May 2022 – BWF AGM
All the information on the AGM 2022 will be posted on the BWF corporate website AGM page (linked here) as this becomes available.
- BWF Sports Disciplinary Panel
In reviewing the announcements following the BWF Council meeting last year on 18 and 19 October 2021 (linked here), we realised that we had not informed Members of the membership of the Sports Disciplinary Panel (SDP).
Under the BWF Judicial Procedures (linked here), each Continental Confederation appoints one member to the Panel from their region, and the BWF President recommends to the Council the other 5 members.
– Emma Mason – SDP President
– Pilar Carrillo – SDP Deputy President
– Geraldine Brown
– Kenny Goh
– Michel Bau
– Andrew Greenway
– Gregory Verpoorten
– Odette Assembe Engoulou
– Rudy Roedyanto
– Santiago Zambrano
Each of the members have gone through the vetting process as required by the BWF Constitution. The term is four years.
The Sport Disciplinary Panel (SDP) is responsible for sports-related cases arising from potential breaches of the following sports-related regulations:
- General Competition Regulations (Section 5.1), where such cases are not governed by the BWF Complaint Procedures;
- Specific tournament regulations adopted by Continental Confederations;
- Codes of Conduct that are not under the jurisdiction of the Independent Hearing Panel (IHP); and
- Such other cases, as are specifically stated in the BWF Statutes or as decided by the BWF Council.
See page 25 of the BWF Judicial Procedures (linked here) for a diagram of the Judicial System – 1) case types, 2) panels, and 3) pathways for cases.
- BWF Subscription 2022
These Member Associations have not yet paid the 2022 subscriptions.
|Africa||Burundi, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Morocco, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, St Helena, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo.|
|Asia||Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, Palestine, Turkmenistan, UAE, Oman (AM).|
|Europe||Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Isle of Man (AM).|
|Pan America||Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Chile, Curacao, Grenada, Honduras, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Surinam, French Guiana (AM).|
Please note that players cannot be entered into competitions after 31 January 2022 if the subscription is not paid by the deadline (Clause 26.6 of the BWF constitution).
Please contact Chia Lee [email protected] if you have any questions.
- Membership Questionnaires – Updates
Thank you to all those members who have responded to the questionnaires.
Today is the deadline to respond to these two questionnaires. Please see our announcement of 18 December for all the details (linked here).
For more information please contact John Shearer, BWF Senior Development Manager on [email protected]
- Career / Job Opportunities
This is a reminder to keep an eye on the careers page of the BWF website (linked here) as we advertise jobs on behalf of the membership.
Currently there are three jobs being advertised:
- Communication and Marketing Manager – Badminton Europe – applications close 25 February 2022.
- Badminton Singles Head Coach – Singapore Badminton Association – applications close on 16 February 2022.
- Badminton Doubles Coach – Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd – applications close 10 February 2022