Archive – BWF AGMs
BWF AGM 2022
The BWF Annual General Meeting 2022 was being held on Saturday 07 May 2022 in a hybrid format (in person/virtually). The AGM was being held alongside the TotalEnergies BWF Thomas and Uber Cup Finals in Bangkok.
- 130 Voting Delegates
- 66 in-person in Bangkok
- 64 attended virtually
- Voting Strength – each Member
- Annex A – Summary Voting Record
- Annex B – Detailed Voting Record
- Annex C – Laws of Badminton
- Memo to Membership – 13 May
- Minutes of the AGM 2022
- Appendix 1 – Attendance List
BWF Highlights Video 2021
BWF Members’ Forum 2022
On 6 May 2022, the BWF Members’ Forum was held in Bangkok. This was the 10th Members’ Forum and the first since our face to face meeting in Nanning in May 2019. The BWF Members’ Forum 2022 was an opportunity to:
- Reflect on the impact of COVID-19 on our membership and our sport;
- Showcase some really great examples of innovative practice;
- Recognise inspiring practice through the inaugural BWF Member Association Awards 2022;
- Launch the BWF Physical Activity Policy and to workshop ideas on how Members can use this at a national level.
BWF Virtual AGM 2021
The BWF held its virtual AGM 2021 on Saturday 22 May. A total of 311 participants took part, including 158 Member Association who had Voting Delegates in the meeting. The meeting approved 10 of the 15 proposals on the AGM Agenda.
Please see below some of the downloads of the results. For all the Open Ballots, you can see how each member voted for the 15 proposals on the agenda. Results of the elections can be viewed on the announcements page.
BWF Virtual AGM 2021 Papers
- Agenda / Order Paper – BWF AGM 2021
- Annual Report 2020
- Annexure A – Minutes – BWF AGM 2020
- Annexure B – Minutes – BWF EGM 2021
- Annexure C – Audited Financial Statements 2020
- Annexure D – Budget 2021 and Forecast 2022
- Annexure E – Candidates Profile – President, Deputy President, Vice President Para Badminton
- Annexure F – Candidates Profile – Council Positions
- Annexure G – Vetting Panel Report to AGM 2021
BWF Highlights 2020
BWF Virtual EGM 2021
The BWF held its virtual EGM 2021 on Saturday 30 January 2021. A total of 227 participants took part, including 126 Member Association who had Voting Delegates in the meeting. The meeting approved 5 proposals.
BWF Virtual AGM 2020
The BWF held its virtual AGM 2020 on Saturday 18 July at 1900 (7:00PM). BWF very much appreciated that some delegates had to stay up very late Saturday night and others got up very early to participate in the AGM – at the start of the meeting it was midnight Saturday night for some Members, 0500 (5:00AM) Saturday morning for others and there delegates in every time zone in between. The meeting lasted two hours and 24 minutes.
All 13 proposals on the AGM Agenda (linked here) were approved.
You can download these documents from the download section above.
- Memo – Minutes – Attendance – Survey
- Survey – what delegates thought of the virtual AGM
- Membership Engagement – preparing for the virtual AGM
- Memo – AGM Decisions / Ethics Regulations
- Voting Record – 13 Proposals
- Voting Record – Votes by Attendee – Proposals 1 – 4
- AGM 2020 Powerpoint Presentation
The 2019 BWF Annual General Meeting was held on Thursday 23 May 2019 in Nanning, China, alongside with the TOTAL BWF Sudirman Cup, 19 – 26 May 2019.
A total of 201 delegates from 139 BWF Members Association attended the Forum and AGM in Nanning.
The 80th BWF Annual General was held in Nanning, China – 23 May 2019. See the Image gallery.
The 9th BWF Member’s Forum was held in Nanning, China – 24 May 2019. See the Image gallery.
The 79th BWF Annual General was held in Bangkok, Thailand – 19 May 2018. See the Image gallery.
Annual Reports / Decisions from AGMs
The key decisons of the annual meetings and Council meetings are available for download (linked here).
The last six annual reports and audited financial statements are published on the BWF website (linked here).