Until further notice, Tournament Organisers/Members and Continental Confederations hosting tournaments are not allowed to accept entries from the following Members and/or players, for any BWF sanctioned tournament.
This list will be progressively updated when the BWF receives the subscriptions due for each Member for 2019.
1. Non-Financial Members – unpaid subscription for 2019
- Africa – Malawi, St Helena, Swaziland, Tanzania, Reunion Island.
- Asia – D.P.R. Korea, East Timor.
- Europe – Bosnia, Montenegro.
- Pan America – Cayman Islands, Grenada, Curacao, Puerto Rico (2018).
2. Member Associations – Withdrawal and Other Penalty Fees / Suspension
- Zimbabwe Badminton Association
- Botswana Badminton Association
- Zambia Badminton Association
- Syria Arab Badminton Association
3. Individual Players – Disciplinary Action
The BWF Disciplinary Committee rules on alleged breaches of the Players’ Code of Conduct and may bar a player from competition. This may also include players under suspension for anti-doping rule violations or other integrity issues.
- Kenichi Tago (JPN) – BWF ID: 63707 – suspended by the Nippon Badminton Association
- Salar Bayat (IRI) – BWF ID: 81642 – ineligible to play untill 2020 – Iranian National Anti-Doping Agency
- Zulfadi Zulkiffli (MAS) – BWF ID: 89511 – suspended from all competitive events, and banned from performing any function in badminton (e.g. administrative, coaching, officiating, or development functions) until 13 January 2038 – Ethics Hearing Panel.
- Tan Chun Seang (MAS) – BWF ID: 52867 – suspended from all competitive events, and banned from performing any function in badminton (e.g. administrative, coaching, officiating, or development functions) until 13 January 2033 – Ethics Hearing Panel.
- Joachim Persson (DEN) – BWF ID: 51053 – suspended from all competitive events, and banned from performing any function in badminton for a period of eighteen (18) months. Such ban covers, inter alia, any administrative, coaching, officiating, or developmental functions – until 22 September 2020 inclusive – BWF Ethics Hearing Panel.
4. Barred Player Policy
This policy has been put in place, in part, to assist Tournament Organisers and Members to receive withdrawal fees which are due to them.
The procedures are as follows: