Until further notice, Tournament Organisers/Members and Continental Confederations hosting tournaments are not allowed to accept entries from the following Members and/or players, for any BWF sanctioned tournament.
This list will be progressively updated when the BWF receives the subscriptions due for each Member for 2018.
1. Non-Financial Members – unpaid subscription for 2018
- Africa – Malawi, St Helena.
- Asia – D.P.R. Korea, East Timor.
- Europe – Montenegro.
- Pan America – Cayman Islands, Curacao, Grenada, Puerto Rico.
2. Member Associations – Withdrawal and Other Penalty Fees / Suspension
- Tunisia – Association Tunisienne de Badminton
- DR Congo – Federation de Badminton du Congo
- Badminton Association of Ghana
- Federation Beninoise de Badminton
- Badminton Federation of Nigeria
- Polish Badminton Association
- Mauritius Badminton Association
3. Individual Players – Disciplinary Action
The BWF Disciplinary Committee rules on alleged breaches of the Players’ Code of Conduct and may bar a player from competition. This may also include players under suspension for anti-doping rule violations or other integrity issues.
- Kenichi Tago (JPN) – BWF ID: 63707 – suspended by the Nippon Badminton Association
- Salar Bayat (IRI) – BWF ID: 81642 – ineligible to play untill 2020 – Iranian National Anti-Doping Agency
- Zulfadi Zulkiffli (MAS) – BWF ID: 89511 – suspended from all competitive events, and banned from performing in badminton (e.g. administrative, coaching, officiating, or development functions) until 13 January 2038 – BWF Ethics Panel
- Tan Chun Seang (MAS) – BWF ID: 52867 – suspended from all competitive events, and banned from performing in badminton (e.g. administrative, coaching, officiating, or development functions) until 13 January 2033 – BWF Ethics Panel
4. Barred Player Policy
This policy has been put in place, in part, to assist Tournament Organisers and Members to receive withdrawal fees which are due to them.
The procedures are as follows: