Until further notice, Tournament Organisers/Members and Continental Confederations hosting tournaments are not allowed to accept entries from the following Members and/or players, for any BWF sanctioned tournament.
This list will be progressively updated when the BWF receives the subscriptions due for each Member for 2019.
1. Non-Financial Members – unpaid subscription for 2020
- Africa – Malawi, St Helena, Swaziland, Tanzania, Reunion Island.
- Asia – Palestine.
- Europe – Bosnia, Montenegro.
- Pan America – Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Grenada, Curacao.
2. Member Associations – Withdrawal and Other Penalty Fees / Suspension
- Zimbabwe Badminton Association
- Federation Beninoise de Badminton
- Federation Congolaise de Badminton
- Federation de Badminton du Congo (FEBADCO)
- Dominican Republic Badminton Federation
- Badminton Association of Ghana
- Colombian Badminton Federation
- Sierra Leone Badminton Association
- Badminton Federation of Nigeria
- Laos Badminton Federation
- Badminton Federation of the IR of Iran
3. Individual Players – Disciplinary Action
The BWF Disciplinary Committee rules on alleged breaches of the Players’ Code of Conduct and may bar a player from competition. This may also include players under suspension for anti-doping rule violations or other integrity issues.
- Kenichi Tago (JPN) – BWF ID: 63707 – suspended by the Nippon Badminton Association
- Chen Lu (CHN) – BWF ID: 72349 – ineligible to play until 5 February 2021 – China Anti-Doping Agency (CHINADA)
- Zulfadi Zulkiffli (MAS) – BWF ID: 89511 – suspended from all competitive events, and banned from performing any function in badminton (e.g. administrative, coaching, officiating, or development functions) until 13 January 2038 – Ethics Hearing Panel.
- Tan Chun Seang (MAS) – BWF ID: 52867 – suspended from all competitive events, and banned from performing any function in badminton (e.g. administrative, coaching, officiating, or development functions) until 13 January 2033 – Ethics Hearing Panel.
- Joachim Persson (DEN) – BWF ID: 51053 – suspended from all competitive events, and banned from performing any function in badminton for a period of eighteen (18) months. Such ban covers, inter alia, any administrative, coaching, officiating, or developmental functions – until 22 September 2020 inclusive – BWF Ethics Hearing Panel.
4. Barred Player Policy
This policy has been put in place, in part, to assist Tournament Organisers and Members to receive withdrawal fees which are due to them.
The procedures are as follows: