Paris 2024 Olympic Games
The Games of the XXXIII Olympiad in 2024 will be badminton’s ninth time as part of the Summer Olympic Games since its debut at the Barcelona 1992 Olympic Games.
- Paris 2024 Summer Olympics – 26 July – 11 August 2024
- Badminton Competition – 27 July – 5 August 2024
- Qualification 1 May 2023 – 28 April 2024
- 172 athletes – Singles (men’s / women’s) Doubles (men’s / women’s / mixed)
- Section 5.4.1 – Qualification Regulations – approved by the IOC
- Official Website – Paris 2024
- IOC Website – Paris 2024 Olympic Games
Rule 50 – What is this?
Rule 50 of the Olympic Charter has prohibits commercial installations and advertising signs in Olympic sites. Rule 50 also states that “No kind of demonstration or political, religious or racial propaganda is permitted in any Olympic sites, venues or other areas”.
There are four aims of Rule 50 are to:
- protect athletes
- prevent the over-commercialisation of the Games and to keep the Olympic venues free from advertising (for example the field of play). This is known as the “clean venue” policy.
- prevent the Games from being used as a platform for protests, demonstrations or the promotion of political, religious or racial propaganda.
- define the rules for manufacturers’ identifications and other identifying features on sports uniforms and equipment, to prevent unauthorised commercial, political, religious or racial propaganda