The global development of badminton means that tournaments are being hosted in nearly every part of the world. Badminton players are travelling further and to more exotic locations to compete and train.
It is important that players and the entourage (coaches, team managers, supporters) follow some basic advice around preparing for travel and travelling.
Being fit and healthy so that you can perform your best on court is the most important thing so you should take some basic precautions on health and safety when travelling.
Some basic starting points are:
– read travel advisories published by your government
– make sure your association and your family know your travel itinerary
– ensure you have travel insurance that covers health, hospitalization and loss of personal items
– if you are using medications – take your own supply with you
– take basic precautions around food and water safety.
Downloads / Links