The 2019 BWF Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday 23 May 2019 in Nanning, China, in conjunction with the TOTAL BWF Sudirman Cup, 19 – 26 May 2019.
Please note that there will be elections to fill the two casual vacancies (Deputy President and Council member) and the AGM will be held on a Thursday (rather than a Saturday).
BWF will inform the membership about the host hotel arrangements at a later date.
The deadline for the Members to submit proposals for the agenda and nominations for elections is Friday 22 February 2019. See above ‘downloads’ icon for the notices and forms.
Annual Reports / Decisions from AGMs
The 2018 BWF Members’ Forum and Annual General Meeting was held in Bangkok, Thailand in May 2018. See the the photos of the Forum, Gala Dinner and AGM.
The key decisons of the annual meetings and Council meetings are available for download (linked here).
The last six annual reports and audited financial statements are published on the BWF website (linked here).
The following documents can be downloaded above.
- Notice of the Deadline for Proposals and Nominations for elections.
- Delegates Nomination Form
- Nomination Form for Elections – Deputy President
- Nomination Form for Elections – Council Member
- 31 January 2019 – deadline for payment of subscriptions
- 22 February 2019 – deadline for proposals to AGM / seconding (12 weeks out)
- 29 March 2019 – Notice of the Meeting (7 weeks out)
- 12 April 2019 – deadline for any amendments to proposals (5 weeks out)
- Thursday 23 May 2019 (1000) – BWF Annual General Meeting
- Friday 24 May 2019 – BWF Members’ Forum
- Sunday 19 – 26 May 2018 – TOTAL BWF Sudirman Cup
Members’ Forum 2018
The programme for the Members’ Forum 2018 focused on the work BWF and the hosts of world events are doing to continue to enhance the quality of the sports presentation, the fan engagement and the television broadcast and social media reach of the BWF Major Events, HSBC BWF World Tour and other BWF sanctioned tournaments. The presentations also looked at integrity of the game and gender equity.
You can download the following presentations above:
- Engagement in the Digital Space – BWF Vision – Emma Mason / Thomas Lund
- Integrity – Attempt to Fix – Case Study – NZ – Joe Hitchcock – Badminton NZ
- Integrity – Match Manipulation – Case Study – MAS – Michelle Chai – BAM
- Gender Equality – Beyond Ticking the Boxes – Low Beng Chew
- HSBC BWF World Tour – Thomas Lund