Forum & AGM
The BWF announced on 20 March that due to the extraordinary global situation with Covid-19, the AGM has been postponed from May to August 2020. The AGM will continue to be held at the same location in Aarhus Denmark, with the same arrival airport and the same host hotel.
The 2020 AGM will be held on Friday 21 August alongside the TOTAL BWF Thomas & Uber Cup Final, 15 – 23 August 2020. The BWF Members Forum 2020 will be held on Thursday 20 August 2020.
- 28 Feb 2020 – Deadline for proposals / seconding
- 03 Apr 2020 – Deadline for the Notice of the Meeting
- 17 July 2020 – Deadline for amendments to proposals
- 20 August 2020 – Members’ Forum
- 21 August 2020 – Annual General Meeting
AGM Planning – Delegates Nomination / Visa / Travel / Accommodation
The BWF will advise the membership of the new deadline to the below. The process will be the same as communicated previously through an online form provided by the host.
- Visa – complete the application – deadline to be advised
- Flights – Book flights early to Billund Airport – BLL – pick up transport is only provided here.
- Hotel – book and pay for accommodation – deadline to be advised.
- Transport – complete Arrival Transport form – deadline to be advised.
- Accreditation for badminton – deadline to be advised.
Support for Delegates – Travel Grant / Hotel Nights
BWF provides support for one delegate from each Member Association to attend the BWF AGM / Members Forum.
To be eligible, delegates must come from a Member in Good Standing, and the delegate must attend both the AGM and the Members’ Forum.
There are two kinds of support.
- Travel Grant
- each Member Association is allocated an amount of money to support the air travel – see our memo of 14 February 2020.
- Official Hotel Accommodation
- three (3) nights accommodation in the official hotel – and if their Continental Confederation also hosts their AGM in Aarhus, and the delegate attends, the BWF shall provide one (1) additional nights accommodation.
Members must first pay for the airfare and accommodation. Members are reimbursed after the AGM.
The 2019 BWF Annual General Meeting was held on Thursday 23 May 2019 in Nanning, China, alongside with the TOTAL BWF Sudirman Cup, 19 – 26 May 2019.
A total of 201 delegates from 139 BWF Members Association attended the Forum and AGM in Nanning.
The 80th BWF Annual General was held in Nanning, China – 23 May 2019. See the Image gallery.
The 9th BWF Member’s Forum was held in Nanning, China – 24 May 2019. See the Image gallery.
The 79th BWF Annual General was held in Bangkok, Thailand – 19 May 2018. See the Image gallery.