Happy New Year from all of us at the BWF office in KL. We would like to wish you a very happy, safe and successful 2022.
Please find below important notices and reminders on the following:
- BWF Subscription payment for 2022 – deadline 31 January 2022
- WADA Prohibited Substance List 2022 – in force 1 January 2022
- Para Badminton Athletes’ Commission Elections – Nominations close 21 Jan 2022
- Reminders – Did you miss any of these important announcements?
- BWF email domain name changed on 13 December 2021 to @bwf.sport (linked here)
- BWF Membership Questionnaire 2022 (linked here) – deadline 31 Jan 2022
- BWF COVID-19 Impact Questionnaire 2022 (linked here) – deadline 31 Jan 2022
- Tournaments 2022 Update – COVID-19 Tournament Protocols (linked here)
- Para Badminton Tournament Structure / Calendar 2022 (linked here)
- Para Badminton Regulations 2022 (linked here)
- New Membership Awards announced (linked here)
- BWF Subscription 2022
Subscriptions for 2022 are due no later than midnight KL time on Monday 31 January 2022.
Please note that players cannot be entered into competitions after 31 January 2022 if the subscription is not paid by the deadline. Clause 26.6 of the BWF constitution states:
“A subscription shall be payable prior to a Member or its players taking part in competitive events as in Clause 26.1.
“In no circumstances can a Member’s player(s) or a team continue to compete beyond the due date for payment of the subscription, nor can that Member stage a Federation sanctioned tournament”.
Subscription letters and invoices were sent to Members in late November 2021. Please contact Chia Lee [email protected] if you need this to be resent.
- WADA’s Prohibited List 2022 is now in Force
The WADA Prohibited List and Methods 2022 came into force on 1 January 2022.
The Prohibited List details the substances and methods which are prohibited for any athlete. Athletes are responsible for everything they eat, drink and take.
Please see the BWF website (linked here) for more information.
Please forward this information to your players, coaches and team managers.
Links to important anti-doping information on the BWF website:
1. Anti-doping – questions and answers (linked here)
2. Dangers / Consequences of Doping (linked here)
3. Prohibited Substances (linked here)
4. Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUE) – process for athletes to get permission if they need to take medications that contain Prohibited Substances (linked here)
5. Doping Control Process – collecting a urine or blood sample (linked here)
6. Speak Up and Report Offences – (linked here)
- Nominations – Para Badminton Athletes Commission Elections
On 21 December 2021, we sent out a memo calling for nominations for the Para Badminton Athletes’ Commission elections. The elections will take place on Friday 11 March 2022. There are six positions open for the elections.
Please see the Athletes’ Commission Election page of the website (linked here) for the nomination form and information about:
Here are the key dates.
|Friday 21 January 2022||Deadline for Nominations – send completed Nomination Forms to Patricia Wong [email protected]|
|Friday 28 January 2022||Announcement of Candidates – BWF website|
|28 January – 9 March||Election Campaign.|
|7 February – 9 March||Registration to Vote closes 17:00 KL time 9 March.|
|Friday 11 March 2022||Elections – start at 17:00 KL time (10:00am CET)|