Please find enclosed important information related to BWF Sanctioned Tournaments for 2022 as decided by Council at a recent meeting. These relate to the following:
- BWF COVID-19 Protocols for Tournaments – 3 Phase implementation / transition in 2022
- World Tour Mandatory Player Regulations – remain suspended
- HYLO Open 2022 – 1 – 6 November – is a Super 300 Tournament
- BWF COVID-19 Protocols for Tournaments
Please find linked here an important document that details a “three phase plan” for a transition from the existing BWF COVID-19 Protocols for Tournaments towards a situation whereby international badminton can take place in a setting with fewer required COVID-19 protocols.
The attached includes guidance for all Grade 1 and Grade 2 (Level 1-5 Tournaments) and the three phases described in the attached are: Phase 1 – January 2022 / Phase 2 – February – June 2022 / Phase 3 – June 2022 Onwards.
The application of the COVID-19 Protocols will of course be dependent on the national health authorities advice in the lead up to a tournament based on the current global, regional and national COVID-19 situation.
BWF continues to monitor the situation as we enter a new year of international tournaments.
- Mandatory Player Regulations Remain Suspended
The Council has decided to continue to suspend the World Tour Mandatory Participation Regulations for the first half of 2022.
- HYLO Open 2022 – Tour Super 300 Tournament
BWF confirms that the HYLO Open 2022 hosted in Saarbrücken 01 – 06 November 2022 is a HSBC BWF World Tour Super 300 tournament.