Athletes’ Commission Elections
Call for Nominations Commission Elections
The BWF is calling for nominations for the Para Badminton Athletes’ Commission elections which will take place on Friday 11 March 2022.
- A letter from Richard Perot – Para Badminton Athletes’ Commission Chair
- Nomination Form – for candidates
The elections will be held electronically and every eligible voters must register to take part in the elections.
Key Points on the Athletes’ Commission Elections
About the Commission
- 6 positions to be filled at the elections.
- 4 year term for the new Athletes’ Commission (2022 – 2025).
- The new Commission elects the Chair and Deputy Chair of the Athletes’ Commission.
- The Chair of the Commission then becomes a BWF Council member for 4 years.
Who can be Candidates for Elections?
- Players 18 years of age or older as at 11 March 2022
- In ‘good standing’ with their Member Association / Not serving a period of ineligibility under the BWF Statutes.
- Active Players – in the Para Badminton World Ranking as at 20 December 2021.
- Inactive Players – those that have retired from Para badminton by not competing in any BWF sanctioned tournaments in the last two years from Monday 20 December 2021 date and/or whose Member Association has submitted the BWF Retirements Form to the BWF office. To be eligible for nomination for election, the Inactive Player must have competed in. (1) at least one edition of the last two Paralympic Games or (2) in a BWF Para Badminton World Championships (2013 – 2021).
Who can Vote?
- Players who are 18 years of age or older as at 11 March 2022.
- In ‘good standing’ with your Member Association / Not serving a period of ineligibility under the BWF Statutes.
- Be an “active player” as described above.
- Have registered to vote by the deadline – 48 hours before the elections.
The elections will be conducted electronically. The poll will be open for “registered voters” at 17:00 KL time (1000 AM Central European Time (CET), and close at 22:00 KL time (15:00 CET) on Friday 11 March 2022.
Key Dates and Actions towards the Election
|Monday 20 December||Call for Nominations – candidates for elections.|
|Friday 21 January 2022||Deadline for Nominations – send completed Nomination Forms to Patricia Wong [email protected]|
|Friday 28 January 2022||Announcement of Candidates – BWF website|
|28 January – 9 March||Election Campaign.|
|7 February – 9 March||Registration to Vote closes 17:00 KL time 9 March.|
|Friday 11 March 2022||Elections – start at 17:00 KL time (10:00am CET)|