Further to our call for nominations for the Athletes’ Commission elections on 22 September (linked here), BWF is pleased to announce that there are 9 candidates (6 women / 3 men) who will compete for the 6 vacant positions.
Candidates for the Elections
The candidates for the Athletes’ Commission elections are:
A profile and/or a statement from each candidate can be viewed on the BWF website (linked here).
Key Points on the Athletes’ Commission
- 6 positions to be filled at the elections.
- 4 year term for the new Athletes’ Commission members (2021 – 2025).
- The new Commission elects the Chair and Deputy Chair of the Athletes’ Commission.
- The Chair of the Commission then becomes a BWF Council member for 4 years following the successful completion of the vetting process as required under the BWF constitution.
Elections for the Athletes’ Commission
Elections will take place alongside the TotalEnergies BWF World Championships 2021, Huelva, Spain, on Friday 17 December.
The elections will start at 1000 AM Central European Time (CET), 17 December 2021.
Eligible voters will be able to either vote “in person” at the Championships, or vote online. An announcement will be made soon on the registration process for voting online.
Who can Vote?
- Players who are 18 years of age or older as at 17 December 2021.
- In ‘good standing’ with your Member Association / Not serving a period of ineligibility under the BWF Statutes.
- Be an “active player” = in the top 200 World Ranking as at 14 December.
- Have registered to vote by the deadline – 48 hours before the elections.
Key Dates and Actions towards the Election
- 22 November – 16 December 2021 – Election Campaign.
- 15 December 2021 – Registration to Vote Closes – at 1000 Central European Time
- 17 December 2021 – Election starts at 1000 Central European Time