Please find enclosed important information on the Athletes’ Commission elections 2021. Please pass this information onto all of your players.
This information has also been uploaded onto the BWF website (linked here).
Call for Nominations Commission Elections
The BWF is calling for nominations for the Athletes’ Commission elections which will take place on Friday 17 December 2021. Please find attached the following:
Those who are eligible to vote, can vote “in-person” at the TotalEnergies BWF World Championships in Huelva, Spain – or vote electronically online. Details will be communicated later on the exact procedure to cast votes in the election.
Key Points on the Athletes’ Commission Elections
About the Commission
- 6 positions to be filled at the elections in December.
- 4 year term for the members of the Athletes’ Commission (2021 – 2025).
- The new Commission elects the Chair and Deputy Chair of the Athletes’ Commission.
- The Chair of the Commission then becomes a BWF Council member for 4 years.
Who can be Candidates for Elections?
- Players 18 years of age or older as at 17 December 2021
- In ‘good standing’ with their Member Association / Not serving a period of ineligibility under the BWF Statutes.
- Active Players – in the top 200 World Ranking as at 14 September.
- Inactive Players – ‘retired’ from the sport and who have competed in at least one of these – Tokyo 2020 or Rio 2016 Olympic Games OR in a World Championships (between 2013 to 2019) and achieved a World Ranking of 50 or better.
Who can Vote?
- Players who are 18 years of age or older as at 17 December 2021.
- In ‘good standing’ with your Member Association / Not serving a period of ineligibility under the BWF Statutes.
- Be an “active player” = in the top 200 World Ranking as at 14 December.
- Have registered to vote by the deadline – 48 hours before the elections.
The elections will start at 1000 AM Central European Time (CET), 17 December 2021.
Key Dates and Actions towards the Election
- 21 September 2021 – Announcement of the Elections – BWF sends a notice out. Call for Nominations of candidates for elections.
- 22 October 2021 – Deadline for Nominations – Nominations must be made in writing using the Nomination Form – send to Patricia Wong [email protected]
- 29 October 2021 – Announcement of Candidates – the list of candidates will be announced and published on the BWF website.
- 29 October – 16 December 2021 – Election Campaign.
- 15 December 2021 – Registration to Vote Closes – at 1000 Central European Time.
- 17 December 2021 – Election starts at 1000 Central European Time.