Please find information on the following:
1. Minor Amendment – Qualifying Regulations for Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games
2. National Guidelines – for re-starting badminton post Covid-19 in a safe way
3. Recent Announcements – did you miss something?
1. Amended Tokyo 2020 Qualification Regulations
The BEERLAO International Series 2021 (Grade 3) has been removed from the list as it was not cancelled due to Covid-19 and therefore it is not eligible to be part of the extended qualification tournament list.
See attached page 3/8 of the version dated 3 June which shows the amendment (linked here). This amendment has been approved by the IOC.
The amended and current version of Section 188.8.131.52. – OG – Qualifying Regulations for Tokyo 2020 (ENG) – Revised 26 June 2020 is published on the Statutes page of the BWF website.
2. Guidelines for Re-Starting Badminton Post Covid-19
The BWF would like to share with you some examples of best practice of national guidelines for starting badminton again after lockdowns due to Covid-19 (see linked Summary Guidelines). A number of BWF Member Associations and sports authorities have produced comprehensive guidelines (see linked references).
The attached contains a summary of some standard operating procedures for the following that you could adapt in a post Covid-19 environment:
- General guidelines for AirBadminton/outdoor badminton
- General guidelines for indoor badminton
- General guidelines for training sessions
- General guidelines for equipment handling
- General guidelines for facilities operators
Note: Always refer to Local Government health recommendations/regulations before implementing any of the guidelines attached.
3. Recent Announcements – did you miss any of these?
We would like to remind you of some recent announcements:
- Ready to Play – Edition 5 – 3 July – linked here
- A Message to Players | BWF Secretary General – 30 June – linked here
- BWF Highly Rated in Governance Review – 30 June – linked here
- Nominate AGM Delegates – 26 June (linked here)
- Get Ready for the BWF virtual AGM – 4 videos on proposals – 12 June – linked here