Please find enclosed some information to help get ready for the BWF AGM 2021.
- Video – Council Election Process 2021 – how does this work in 2021? How is the required geographical and gender representation included? (linked here)
- Video – of each Regional Information Session (ENG, FRA, ESP) (linked here) – two sessions left – Monday 17 May (English) and Tuesday 18 May (Spanish) – see below.
- Highlights 2020 Video – now available (linked here)
- Delegate Nomination – reminder the deadline is next week! Download (linked here)
1. Elections for Ordinary Council Positions – how does this work?
At the 2020 AGM, the BWF membership approved a new Appendix I to the BWF Constitution to ensure gender and geographical representation on Council.
We have prepared a video in 3 languages (ENG / FRA / ESP) (linked here). This helps you understand how elections achieve gender and geographical representation.
2. Two Regional Discussion Sessions Left – Monday / Tuesday Next Week
There are 2 Regional Information Sessions left that you can participate in. These will help Members and delegates to better understand the Agenda and proposals.
After each session, we will upload a video so you can watch it if you missed the session.
We are also compile questions and answers from the sessions and make these available of the website. The sessions are open to everyone. They are particularly important for Members and AGM delegates.
Register to receive an invitation – register here https://forms.gle/dN7VMRvGyyjx9Puv6
- Monday 17 May 2021 – 1900 KL Time / 1300 CEST – English
- Tuesday 18 May 2021 – 2200 KL Time / 1600 CEST / Lima Time – 0900am – Spanish
The main topics of each session are:
- The Agenda – for the meeting (linked here)
- The Proposals – Council / Members’ proposals – Laws of Badminton, Scoring System, Terms of Council members, BWF Official Language, Associate Member Criteria.
- Elections – and how the online elections work – and how the gender and regional representation criteria applies.
3. Highlights 2020
Every year BWF produces a highlights video to go along with the BWF Annual Report.
The Highlights Video 2020 is now available.
All the material for the AGM can be found on the BWF AGM 2021 page of the website.
4. Members who have Nominated Delegates
Thank you to all Members who have nominated their delegates to the AGM.
This is a friendly reminder to complete the nomination form to register a delegate(s) – download the form from the AGM page (linked here).
If there are any questions on nominations, contact Patricia on [email protected]