Further to our Para Badminton Update of 02 February 2021 (linked here), please be advised that the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) has approved the updated Qualification Guidelines for Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games.
Please circulate this to the relevant people in your organisation.
- Tokyo 2020 Qualification Guidelines
The BWF and IPC have updated the badminton qualification guidelines for Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games. You can find the latest document on the BWF’s website (linked here):
- Section 220.127.116.11 – PG – Badminton Qualification Guidelines
- Section 18.104.22.168 – PG – Race to Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games Ranking Regulations
- Section 22.214.171.124. – PG – Regulations for Badminton Competition
- Section 126.96.36.199 – PG – Guidelines for Bipartite Process
IPC has also published the qualification guidelines on their website (link). It important that National Paralympic Committees are informed of this update.
- Final qualification Tournament
The Spanish Para Badminton International 2021, to be hosted between 10 – 16 May 2021, will serve as the last qualification tournament for the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games. The tournament prospectus can be found on BWF’s website (linked here).
- Invitation Process Timeline
The main changes in the qualification guidelines are the timelines for invitation. Below is a summary of the process. Please refer to the guideline attached for the full version.
If you have any questions regarding the enclosed, please contact Syahmi Sabron ([email protected])