Please find below important information following the BWF virtual EGM of Saturday 30 January 2021:
- Key Decisions of the BWF EGM – Saturday 30 January 2021
- Steps towards the BWF AGM – Saturday 22 May 2021
- Key Dates
- Elections 2021 – deadline for nominations – Friday 19 February 2021
- Vetting of Candidates for Election
- Downloads on the AGM page (linked here)
1. Key Decisions of the BWF virtual EGM
Please see the EGM page of the website or more information on the EGM 2021 including the record of of voting, the video of the meeting and the presentation used in the meeting.
- Summary of the Results by Proposal
- Voting Record by Member / Delegate – Proposals 1 to 5.
- Video of the Meeting (linked here)
- PowerPoint presentation used in the meeting (linked here)
The 3 Council Proposals were Approved at the EGM
- Ratified the interim procedures the Council has used to calculate Voting Strength due to the Covid-19 impact.
- See Annexure A for details.
- See the Voting Strength 2020 – 2024 – note that there will be some adjustments to this in May and after the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games based on the procedures endorsed by the membership (see Annexure A).
- Approved the amendments to the BWF Constitution.
- See Annexure B for details.
- The amended constitution has been published on the Statutes page (linked here)
- Approved the holding of a virtual AGM on 22 May 2021.
2. Steps towards the BWF AGM
The BWF AGM will be held at 1900 / 7:00PM KL time, on Saturday 22 May 2021, in a virtual format.
As per Clause 15.1 of the Constitution, the BWF notified the membership on 30 October 2020, that the exact closing date for proposals and nominations for elections at the AGM 2021, and the seconding of these nominations, is midnight KL time on Friday 19 February 2021.
– Key Dates
- 31 January 2021 – BWF subscription due
- Friday 19 February 2021 – Deadline for proposals / nominations for elections
- February / March 2021 – Vetting process for candidates for elections
- Friday 2 April 2021 – Notice of the AGM / agenda / papers / annual report sent
- Friday 16 April 2021 – Deadline for amendments to proposals
- Saturday 22 May 2021 – @ 1900 KL Time – BWF AGM and elections
– Elections 2021
Elections for the following positions on Council will be held at the AGM 2021:
- Deputy President
- Vice President Para Badminton
- Ordinary Council member (20 positions)
Members in Good Standing can nominate / second candidates for election. For each nomination, a Member must submit Forms A, B and C (see below) – together with a Seconding Letter from a different Member Association.
All these documents must reach the BWF no later than midnight on 19 February 2021.
– Vetting of Candidates for Elections
Appendix II of the BWF constitution – Vetting of Officials – will be initiated for the first time. Under Appendix II of the BWF Constitution, there will be a vetting process undertaken in order to determine a candidates eligibility, against the criteria in Clauses 2.4.1 to 2.4.8 of Appendix II.
- The vetting process involves an external company conducting background checks related to the criteria in Clauses 2.4.1 to 2.4.8.
- The vetting company will provide a report to the Vetting Panel. This Panel is made up of three independent and external experts.
- All information provided is private and confidential to the Vetting Panel.
- This Panel uses Form B – Candidates Profile, the report from the external company and the criteria in Appendix II (Clauses 2.4.1 to 2.4.8) to determine the eligibility of a candidate for election to the BWF Council.
- The role of the Vetting Panel is to declare candidates eligible or ineligible.
If the Vetting Panel declares a candidate ineligible, that person has a right of appeal.
– Downloads – BWF AGM Page
All information on the AGM is uploaded on the AGM page of the corporate website (linked here) – as and when this is available.
- Notice – deadline for proposals / nominations for elections
- Form A – Nomination Form
- Form B – Candidate’s Profile
- Form C – Candidate’s Declaration (available on 5 February 2021)
– AGM Information
Please note that all the information for the AGM 2021 will be posted on the BWF corporate website AGM page (linked here) as these become available.