Here are a few important notices, updates and reminders:
- BWF Staff Working from Home (WFH) – Office Closed till 26 January 2021
- Kenya International 2021 Cancelled
- Nominate your Delegate – BWF EGM 30 January 2021
- Register now – BWF Webinar / Video Conferences (next week)
- Subscriptions 2021 – deadline 31 January 2021
- National Holiday – Office Closure
1.BWF Office is Closed till Wednesday 26 January – WFH
Please be advised that as of today, the BWF office is closed and staff are working from home until 26 January. This is due to a Movement Control Order in some parts of Malaysia which aims to help reduce community transmission of Covid-19.
The best way to contact staff is by email (see the contact details). We will update you on the re-opening date when this is confirmed.
2.Grade 3 Tournament Update
Further to our update on 6 January 2021 (linked here), BWF wishes to advise that the following tournament has been cancelled in consultation with Badminton Africa and the Host.
- Kenya International 2021 – International Series – Nairobi – 4 – 7 March 2021
Please continue to look at the BWF calendar regularly (linked here) and watch out for announcements and updates.
3.EGM – Nominate Your Delegate ASAP
Please nominate your delegate for the decision making virtual Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) on Saturday 30 January 2021.
The BWF website EGM page (linked here) has all the information you need including the nomination form.
4.Register for the BWF Webinar / Video Conferences
BWF is hosting a webinar next Monday for Members / Delegates and there are regional teleconferences to help delegates prepare for the EGM.
- Who for? EGM delegates / Member representatives / Observers
- Why? To give an update, discuss the EGM agenda / ask questions
- How Long? 60 – 90 minutes
- Register? You must register – use the link here
- Webinar Next Monday.
Monday 18 Jan 2021 – Members’ Webinar – 1900 KL time / 1200 CET
- Video Conferences? There are six sessions to choose from. The content is the same – however you are welcome to attend more than one.
Wednesday 20 Jan – 1500 KL Time – Asia / Oceania – English
Thursday 21 Jan – 1200 CET / 1900 KL Time – Europe – English
Friday 22 Jan – 1100 GMT / 1900 KL Time – Africa – French
Monday 25 Jan – 1100 GMT / 1900 KL Time – Africa – English
Tuesday 26 Jan – 0900 Lima Time – Pan Am – English
Wednesday 27 Jan – 0900 Lima Time – Pan Am – Spanish
5.BWF Subscription 2021 – deadline Sunday 31 January
Subscriptions for 2021 are due no later than midnight KL time on 31 January 2021.
Subscription letters and invoices were sent to Members in December 2020. Please contact Chia Lee [email protected] if you need this to be resent.
Regarding 2021 subscriptions, please note that players cannot be entered into competitions after 31 January 2021 if the subscription is not paid by the deadline. Clause 26.6 of the BWF constitution states.
6.Office Closure – Malaysian National Holidays January and February
The BWF office will be closed on these days to observe national holidays in Malaysia:
1. Thursday 28 January 2021 – Thaipusam
2. Monday 1 February 2021 – Federal Territory Day
3. Friday 12 February 2021 – Chinese New Year