Thank you to all those who have registered for one of the 6 video conferences next week.
It’s not too late to register! (see point 5 below).
Please check the following links:
- An updated AGM Agenda – with the 13 voting proposals listed
- A PowerPoint Presentation – for the video conference
- Instructions for BlueJeans – the app used for the video conference
1. An updated virtual AGM Agenda
The following changes have been made to the AGM Agenda sent to the membership on 27 May. These additions will help the Voting Delegate follow the agenda and know when to vote.
- Vote Required – Each proposal where a vote is required has been identified. There are 13 of these where the Voting Delegate will need to lodge their vote on the electronic Voting Tool during the virtual AGM.
- Majority (Simple or Two-thirds) – The majority required for the proposal to pass for each vote has been included.
- Items 2 and 3 Reversed – The Chair of the meeting has asked for Items 2 and 3 to change places. This is because the new Item 2.3 is a proposal to the meeting – “to ratify the decision by Council to hold the virtual AGM 2020”. After this vote, the agenda follows.
- Item 2.3 Rationale – A rationale for Item 2.3 has been added since all other proposals have a rationale.
2. PowerPoint Presentation
This will be used as an agenda to focus the content and the discussions for the video conferences.
3. BlueJeans Instructions
The software we are using for the video conference call is BlueJeans. This is a little like Zoom or Skype. Make sure you log into the call 15 minutes early. If you have not used BlueJeans before, you need to download an app. See the instructions enclosed.
4. Actions – What do you Need to Do?
To get ready for the video conference next week – you should:
- Print out the AGM Agenda attached and read this carefully.
- Look at the 4 video clips on the Council proposals – if you need more information on Items 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4 and 5.5 of the agenda.
> English – Council proposals (linked here)
> French – Council proposals (linked here)
> Spanish – Council proposals (linked here)
5. Background to the 6 Video Conferences
- Who for? AGM delegates / Member representatives / Observers
- Why? To discuss the AGM proposals / ask questions on AGM
- How Long? 60 – 90 minutes
- Register? You must register – email Rachel – [email protected] and tell Rachel which session you want to attend.
- Sessions? There are six sessions to choose from – delegates should attend one only.
> Monday 6 July – 0900 CET / 1500 KL Time – Asia / Oceania – English
> Monday 6 July – 1200 CET / 1800 KL Time – Europe – English
> Tuesday 7 July – 1200 CET / 1800 KL Time – Africa – English
> Wednesday 8 July – 1200 CET/ 1800 KL Time – Africa – French
> Thursday 9 July – 1600 CET / 2200 KL Time – Pan Am – English
> Friday 10 July – 1600 CET / 2200 KL Time – Pan Am – Spanish