It’s time to register! Next week there are 6 video calls for Members / AGM delegates.
- Who for? AGM delegates / Member representatives / Observers
- Why? To discuss the AGM proposals / ask questions on the AGM
- How Long? 60 – 90 minutes
- Register? You must register – email Rachel – [email protected] and tell her which session you want to attend.
- Sessions? There are six sessions to choose from – delegates should attend one only.
Monday 6 July – 0900 CET / 1500 KL Time – Asia / Oceania – English
Monday 6 July – 1200 CET / 1800 KL Time – Europe – English
Tuesday 7 July – 1200 CET / 1800 KL Time – Africa – English
Wednesday 8 July – 1200 CET/ 1800 KL Time – Africa – French
Thursday 9 July – 1600 CET / 2200 KL Time – Pan Am – English
Friday 10 July – 1600 CET / 2200 KL Time – Pan Am – Spanish
6. Preparation? Before the session you should …
- Read the AGM Agenda / look at Items 5.1 – 5.5 (linked here)
- Look at the 4 video clips on the proposals English (linked here) / French (linked here) / Spanish (linked here)
- Look at the Chairs video reports (linked here)
Send us your questions in advance [email protected]
- Questions on AGM Proposals
Thank you to all the members / delegates who have sent in questions on the AGM proposals. We have published on the website some Questions and Answers on the proposals (linked here). Here are some examples of the questions?
Proposals 5.2 – Term Limits – role of President
- In the BWF constitution, how many terms can the President have.
- Why is the proposal limited to 4 terms – why not 3 or 2 terms?
- Why does this start from 2021 – and not from when the current President was elected?
Proposal 5.3 – Judicial Provisions
- How does this help improve the governance of the BWF?
Proposal 5.5 – Vetting of Elected Officials
- Are the criteria strong enough?
- If a candidate has had a 1 year prison term, are they still eligible to be an elected official?
Send me your questions in on the proposals – and we will send you the answers and add this to the BWF website Q & A on proposals (linked here).
Send questions to [email protected]
- Nominate your AGM Delegate
Thanks to the 92 Members who have nominated their delegates early for the BWF virtual AGM 2020 being hosted on Saturday 18 July.
Members can nominate up to 2 delegates to the AGM – a Voting Delegate and a Second Delegate. Send the completed form to Patricia [email protected] as soon as possible – the form can be downloaded from the website (linked here).
Your Delegate(s) should then register for one of the video conferences below.
- Observers at the AGM
Under the constitution, the Chair of the meeting has the right to accept observers to the meeting. Please contact Pat – [email protected] to register observers.
- Useful Information – Get Ready for the 2020 AGM
- All AGM documents – AGM Page of the Website – download these documents
> Nomination Form – Virtual AGM 2020
> Annual Report 2019 / Highlights Video 2019
> Agenda of the Meeting – the Order Paper – revised 27 May
> Annexure A – Minutes of the last AGM – 23 May 2019
> Annexure B – Audited Financial Statements 2019
> Annexure C – Budget 2020 and Forecast 2021 / 2022
> Annexure D – Council Proposal – BWF Constitution
- Virtual AGM Process – questions and answers
- 12 videos – Chairs Reports 2019 Chairs Video Reports
- 4 Videos (English) – explaining the Council Proposals – Videos on the Council Proposals
- 4 Videos (French) – explaining the Council Proposals (linked here)
- 4 Videos (Spanish) – explaining the Council Proposals (linked here)
- Webinar – video and questions & answers