- WADA Announces the 2020 Prohibited List
The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has released the Prohibited List and Methods for 2020 together with the explanation of the major changes from the Prohibited List of 2019.
Please forward this to your players, coaches and team managers so they are informed of this.
The Prohibited List details the substances and methods which are prohibited for any athlete.
Download the Prohibited List and the Explanatory Notes:
Links to important anti-doping information on the BWF website:
- Anti-doping Overview – basic questions and answers (linked here)
- The Dangers / Consequences of Doping (linked here)
- Prohibited Substances (linked here)
- Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUE) – athletes who need medications that contain Prohibited Substances (linked here)
- The Doping Control Process – collecting a urine or blood sample (linked here)
Athletes are responsible for everything they eat and drink.
2. Administrator Awards – Call for Nominations – (deadline 31 October 2019)
BWF has a system of awards to recognize excellence, performance and long service and we are calling for nominations for the 2019 administrator awards.
The awards related to administrators are:
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Herbert Scheele Trophy
- Distinguished Service Award
- Meritorious Service Award
- Certificate of Commendation
- Women in Badminton Award
Please see the BWF website (linked here) for the award regulations, the kinds of awards and who can nominate people and organisations for an award. You can also download the nomination forms from that page.
Completed nomination forms can be sent to Patricia Wong – [email protected]
- Schedule A 2019 – (deadline was 30 September 2019)
Thank you for all those Members who completed the Schedule A and submitted this by the deadline. The following Members have yet to send in the completed Schedule A for 2019.
|Nigeria||East Timor||Greenland||Cayman Islands|
Please note that to be in Good Standing and to participate in the AGM 2020, Members must have 1) paid the 2020 Subscription (the invoices will be sent out next month) and 2) competed the 2019 Schedule A.
Please also note that Members who do not submit the Schedule A 2019 by 31 January 2020, are not eligible for the travel grant to assist one delegate to go to the 2020 AGM.
Please contact Patricia Wong [email protected] if you have any questions on the 2019 Schedule A process.
- Office Closure – Monday 28 October 2019
Please be advised that the BWF office will be closed on Monday 28 October 2019 to mark Deepavali – the Hindu Festival of Lights.