The BWF is inviting BWF Members to submit a bid based on the Request For Proposal (RFP) for the intention to submit one or more applications to host BWF Major Championships in the period 2025-2026.
The following BWF Major Championships are open for application:
- BWF Thomas/Uber Cup Finals (2026 – 1 Championship)
- BWF World Senior Championships – including festival concept (2025 – 1 Championship)
- BWF Para Badminton World Championships (2026 – 1 Championship)
The timelines for the processes related to the BWF Thomas/Uber Cup Finals, BWF World Senior Championships and BWF Para Badminton World Championships 2025-2026 are as follows:
- 1 December 2023: Deadline for submission of Bid Application to the BWF (see Bidding Forms)
- 26 January 2024: Date by which any necessary site visits are completed and shortlist is prepared for the BWF Council.
- 1st or 2nd quarter 2024: Decision to be made by the BWF Council in the 1st or 2nd quarter of 2024. Exact time and more detailed information around the presentation to be announced at a later time. Once the Hosts are approved, the Hosts and the BWF will sign a Hosting Agreement as soon as possible after the decision has been made.
BWF Members submitting a bid to host one or more of the above Championships are invited to contact the BWF to get more information around the details of hosting a BWF Major Championships and to get answers to any questions.
The BWF will also share the “Major Championships Host Agreement template” with more detailed information around the terms for the relevant Championships to any Member expressing an interest in hosting.
The BWF therefore encourages anyone interested in submitting a bid to contact the BWF as soon as possible.
Please also note that the BWF may actively approach Members who have previously hosted BWF Major Championships or who represent new potential markets, with an invitation to the BWF Major Championships Consultation Process.
Request for Proposals (RFP) Documents
A package of RFP documents is attached or can be downloaded from the BWF corporate website (see links below). The RFP documents describe the rights and obligations related to the hosting of the BWF Major Championships, including the commercial structures.
The document package consists of:
- BWF Major Championships 2025-2026 Bidding Form (same form to be used for BWF World Senior Championships and Thomas and Uber Cup 2026) (linked here)
- BWF World Senior Championships 2025
- Thomas and Uber Cup Finals 2026
- BWF Thomas and Uber Cup Finals 2026 – RFP (linked here)
- BWF Para Badminton World Championships 2026
How to submit your bid
For the BWF Thomas/Uber Cup Finals and BWF World Senior Championships, please send your bid to Selvaamresh Supramaniam, Deputy Events Director – Tournament Management ([email protected]) and copy Thomas Lund, Secretary General ([email protected]).