First of all, our best wishes for the BWF World Junior Championships 2023 starting on Monday in Spokane, USA.
Thanks to the 32 participants from 26 Member Associations who took part in the iZone briefing last week.
The iZone – BWF’s player information and engagement zone – will be open in Spokane as of next Monday 25 September.
Every team/player must visit the iZone at least once during the Championships. Information is available in multiple languages.
BWF staff will be onsite to share information and activities on:
1) Integrity (Anti-Doping / Anti-Match Manipulation)
2) Player Educational Opportunities (Dual Career / IOC Athlete365 Career+ Self-Discovery Workshop)
- iZone –Information / Activities
The iZone will have a range of activities for players and team managers to get involved in, including:
- Player information / engagement
- Activities in the areas of integrity and player education
- Awareness / fun / opportunity to share experience on social media – Instagram
As a reminder, the following links will take you to the recording and slides from the recent Team Managers briefing about the iZone at the upcoming BWF World Junior Championships 2023:
- Team Manager Role
The role of Team Manager is important in preparing players for the iZone visit as well as supporting players whilst at the iZone.
The main role of the Team Manager in this area is to:
- Visit the iZone with your team – allow 30 minutes for the visit.
- Prepare for the visit – read material we have sent you and brief your players – for example, on the values of sport.
- Guide/support your team at the iZone.
- Find out where to go to get more information.
- Register for Player Education Focus Group Session & IOC Workshop
If you are interested in attending the focus group session and/or the IOC workshop, please register by following this link and completing the online form https://forms.office.com/r/HeDpRUu3s0
You can also access the form by scanning this QR code
- Instagram – Encourage Your Players – Follow / Tag / Hashtag
Contact / Questions