Thank you to the 30 administrators, coaches and team managers from 25 Member Associations who attended the Anti-Doping Information Session on Monday 26 June.
As you know, every player must complete anti-doping education before participating in the BWF World Junior Championships 2023 (see our Notice of 16 June – see below also).
If your team manager did not attend, they can watch the video of the presentation on the World Junior Championships page (linked here).
The PowerPoint presentation is attached and can also be accessed on the Championships page (linked here).
Please forward this to your team managers, coaches and support personnel going to the BWF World Junior Championships 2023.
The information session on 26 June focused on how to plan for anti-doping education programmes for players who are participating in the BWF World Junior Championships 2023 in Spokane, USA. The session included information on the following:
- Why is Anti-Doping education important?
- Successful Elements – Education Programmes.
- Requirements for the World Junior Championships.
- Options to achieve these requirements.
- 11 mandatory topics for education – anti-doping information.
- Resources / communication / inspiration.
Please contact Andy Hines-Randle ([email protected]) with any questions about the requirement, resources or if you need assistance contacting your National Anti-Doping Organisation (NADO).
About the Championships – what are the education requirements?
The BWF World Junior Championships 2023 will be hosted in Spokane, USA later this year.
- Mixed Team Championships (Suhandinata Cup) 25 – 30 September 2023
- Individual Championships (Eye-Level Cups) 2 – 8 October 2023
Please note that every individual player must complete a minimum standard of anti-doping education before they participate in the Championships.
This is an eligibility requirement to participate in the Championships, as per BWF Anti-Doping Regulations, Article 17.2.
Start planning to work with your NADO and the BWF to complete this requirement no later than Friday 15 September 2023.
- See the attached guide on planning for anti-doping education.
- 1. BWF Notice WJC 2023 Integrity Education Programme
- 2. Information Session Presentation – Get Ready – World Junior Champs 2023 – 26 June 2023
- 3. BWF Website Links _ Integrity
Anti-doping Information – BWF Website
Please see that attachment Anti-Doping Information – BWF Website Links, which guides you to some essential anti-doping information on the BWF website.