Subscription 2023 | Member Association Awards 2023 | Para Badminton Female Participation Grants | Job Opportunities
Please find below, 5 important reminders for January 2023.
- BWF Subscription 2023
Subscriptions for 2023 are due no later than midnight KL time on Tuesday 31 January 2023.
Please note that players cannot be entered into competitions after 31 January 2023 if the subscription is not paid by the deadline (Clause 26.6 of the BWF constitution)
Subscription letters and invoices were sent to Members in November 2022. Please contact Chia Lee [email protected] if you have any questions.
- Member Association Awards 2023 – deadline 10 March
Member Associations are invited to submit applications to be considered in one of four BWF Membership Award categories – the deadline is Friday 10th March 2023
- BWF Membership Grant Programme Impact Award
- Participation Award
- Inclusion Award
- Promotion Award
It is important to read the information about the different awards. To assist Member Associations, see the BWF Corporate website for the documents:
- MA Awards Application Pack 2023
- MA Awards Flowchart – Participation/Inclusion/Promotion Awards
- Flowchart – MA Grants Impact Award
- PDF of the online application form
The PDF (number 4 above), will help you to prepare the information you need before you start the online form.
- Please Note – You must complete the form in one session and then submit it. You cannot save work and return to this later.
Use the following link to apply: https://forms.office.com/r/V0j82GeJWC
- Para Badminton Female Participation Grant – Deadline 20 January
Further to our announcement on 16 December 2022 (linked here), the BWF Female Participation Grant 2023 offers opportunities for new female athletes to apply for financial support to attend and be internationally classified at a number of BWF-sanctioned international tournaments in 2023. Applications close Friday 20 January 2023.
To be considered and receive a participation grant from the BWF, athletes must meet the following criteria:
- Be affiliated to their National Badminton Federation / National Para badminton Federation / National Paralympic Committee;
- Be eligible to be internationally classified by the BWF in one of the six Para badminton Sport Classes (WH1, WH2, SL3, SL4, SU5 & SH6);
- Participate in structured badminton training on a weekly basis (minimum).
In efforts to increase retention of athletes, each athlete must attend two BWF Para Badminton Tournaments in 2023 to be eligible for the grant:
- Tournament 1 – up to US $900 per athlete
- Tournament 2 – up to US $500 per athlete
- Job Opportunities in Badminton
Please see the careers page of the BWF website (linked here) for some job opportunities – Badminton Asia, Badminton Oceania, Regatas Club Badminton Team – Lima, Peru.
- Recent Announcements – Did you miss anything?
Did you miss any of these recent announcements?
- Calculations of World Ranking Points in 2023 (linked here)
- Your Association History – survey / send us information (linked here)
- National Special Olympics Programmes –World Games 2023 (linked here)
- On-Court Medical Services – Major Champs – HSBC BWF World Tour (linked here)
- Prohibited Substance List 2023 – (linked here)
- Members Forum and AGM Dates 2023 (linked here)
All BWF announcements are published on the website: