This is a friendly reminder that there are 2 events this year where players must complete anti-doping education before they participate in the events:
- BWF World Junior Championships – Santander, Spain – 13 – 30 October 2022
- HULIC DAIHATSU BWF Para Badminton World Championships 2022 – Tokyo, Japan – 1 – 6 November 2022.
The anti-doping education course must be completed before teams arrive at the Championships. There are 3 options:
- Ask your National Anti-doping Organisation (NADO) to deliver the education sessions for you.
- The players complete an online e-learning course.
- If your players have completed some anti-doping education recently, then this may be sufficient.
See below for more on how to get ready for each of the Championships.
Please pass this information on internally in your organisation.
- BWF World Junior Championships 2022
Please see the BWF website for more information on the requirement and the steps you can take to complete this. This will help you get ready for the BWF World Junior Championships.
- How to get ready information (linked)
- Video – information session hosted 20 June (linked)
- PowerPoint Presentation from 20 June (linked)
By now you should have:
- Read all the information about what is required.
- Decided if your players will do an e-learning course or an education session with your NADO.
- Contacted your NADO for assistance.
Please contact Andy Hines-Randle, Head of Integrity [email protected] if you have any questions about the enclosed.
- HULIC DAIHATSU BWF Para Badminton World Championships 2022
BWF is hosting an online information session next Monday about how to complete anti-doping education activities before you get to Tokyo.
- Information session – Monday 25 July @ 20:00 (8:00PM) Kuala Lumpur time
- Register to attend – https://forms.office.com/r/T2q4JvZFFv
- This will help you plan your anti-doping education sessions for Para badminton players and support personnel (coaches / team managers) going to the Championships.
- This is similar to the session for the BWF World Junior Championships BWF hosted (linked here) so if you attended that session on 20 June, and you are assisting the Para badminton players prepare for the Para Badminton World Championships, there is no need to attend again.
- Please contact Andy Hines-Randle, Head of Integrity [email protected] if you have any questions about the enclosed.
- Important Links
- WADA ADEL e-Learning platform – click here
- Anti-Doping information – Q and A – click here
- 11 mandatory topics – see the menus – click here
- i am badminton integrity campaign – click here
- Resources – your awareness campaign – click here
- Contact – Yours and Ours
- Please decide who will be responsible for this in your organisation and who BWF can contact regarding anti-doping education.
- If you have questions about the enclosed, please contact Andy Hines-Randle, Head of Integrity [email protected]