Thank you to the 130 Members and the 3 Associate Members who took part in the BWF AGM 2022. This was the first ever hybrid BWF AGM and there was a high level of participation.
- 151 Members nominated delegates for the AGM (including 3 Associate Members).
- 130 Voting Delegates attended the AGM (66 in-person / 64 virtually).
- 126 Voting Delegates voted on the proposals – 4 Voting Delegates did not vote.
Please see Annex 1 and 2 below (and attached) for the record of voting.
- Key Information
Please find enclosed, information from the BWF virtual AGM of Saturday 07 May 2022.
- Annex 1 – Summary Record of Voting –Proposals 1-12 – AGM 2022 Agenda. Annex 2 – Detailed Voting record
- Statistics on Attendance – (see below)
- 5 Minute Survey – Give us your feedback – linked here (English)
- AGM 2022 Video – (linked here).
- Highlights Video 2021 (linked here)
AGM website page (linked here).
- Decisions of the AGM 2022
The AGM approved all 12 proposals on the AGM Agenda 2022 (linked here).
Please see the Voting Record attached (Annex A). This gives the summary of the statistics from the 12 ballots and the results from each proposal. The decisions of the AGM 2022 were as follows:
- Scrutineers – Ratified the scrutineers as proposed.
- Minutes – Approved the minutes of the last meeting.
- Accounts – Adopted the Audited Financial Statements for year ending 31 December 2021.
- Council proposals
- Vetting Panel – Confirmed the members of the Vetting Panel (2022 – 2025).
- Independent Hearing Panel (IHP) – Confirmed IHP members (2022 – 2025).
- Laws of Badminton – amendments to the Laws as proposed (see attached).
- Suspension – Continuation of the suspension – Kenyan Badminton Association.
- Suspension – Continuation of the suspension Fédération Royale Marocaine de Badminton
- Subscriptions – Set the unit of subscription for 2023 as USD$200 (same as current).
- Auditors 2022 – Maintained BDO PLT as auditors for 2022.
- Honorary Life Vice Presidents – Torsten Berg / Dato’ Wira Lim Teong Kiat.
- Record of Voting
Please find attached, Annex A – Voting Record Summary which gives the summary of the statistics from each of the 12 proposal.
See also Annex B – Detailed Voting Record from the LUMI voting system for Proposals 1-12 on the AGM 2021 Agenda which gives the details on how each delegate voted.
- Two new Honorary Life Vice Presidents
Congratulations to Torsten Berg (Denmark) and Dato’ Wira Lim Teong Kiat (Malaysia) who were confirmed by the AGM as the newest BWF Honorary Life Vice Presidents. The Profiles of all BWF Honorary Life Vice Presidents can be sound on the website (linked here).
- Attendance Statistics
Thank you to everyone who participated in the BWF AGM 2022 – either virtually or in-person in Bangkok. Some attendance statistics are below.
- Members who nominated delegates – 151
- Members (with voting rights) attending in-person / virtually – 130 (Africa 29) (Asia 31) (Europe 43) (Oceania 7) (Pan Am= 20)
- Voting Delegates who voted on proposals – 126
- Second Delegates – 38
- Associate Members – 3
- BWF Council – 29
- CC Representatives – 6
- Observers – 32
- BWF staff – 14
- Total Attendance at the Virtual AGM – 285
(Note – some people have multiple roles – counted once)
- Share your Experience of the virtual AGM
BWF would very much like to hear from Voting Delegates, Delegates and the Observers who attended the AGM.
Click here for a short online survey linked here (English)
- Annual Report / Highlights Video