Dear Members and Continental Confederations
There are only 12 days to go to the BWF Members’ Forum and AGM 2022. Here are some important reminders and an update on the following topics:
- Basics – Delegates Nomination Form – complete and send to Pat.
- AGM Delegates Information Session – Thursday 28 April – register below.
- Chairs Video Reports – 12 reports available online (linked here).
- Members’ Forum Programme – attached and online.
- Thailand Entry Requirements – Government Update.
- Schedule – Those Attending in-Person in Bangkok.
- Delegates Welcome Event – Cruise on the Chao Phraya River – Friday 6 May.
- COVID-19 Protocols – Thailand / Forum / AGM.
- How Delegates can get Ready – key things to follow.
- Basics – Complete / Send Delegates Nomination Form
The BWF AGM 2022 is on Saturday 7 May starting at 1900 (7:00PM) Kuala Lumpur time / 1800 Bangkok time / 1300 (1:00PM CET). This is a hybrid meeting – delegates can attend in-person in Bangkok – or attend virtually.
Thanks to the 110 Members Associations who have already nominated delegates for the AGM.
- AGM Delegates Information Session – Thursday 28 April
BWF is hosting 3 information sessions on Thursday 28 April (THIS week) – one in French, English and Spanish. This will help your delegate prepare for the AGM. Each session has the same content.
The meeting will be on Microsoft Teams and we will send you the link after you register.
o French – 1800 KL Time / 1200 CEST / 1000 GMT
o English – 2000 KL Time / 1400 CEST
o Spanish – 2200 KL Time / 1600 CEST / Lima Time – 0900am
- Register here (link to registration).
- Chair’s Video Reports
We have prepared and published 12 Chair’s Video Reports like we did for the last two AGMs. This is part of Agenda Item 3.1.
These compliment the Annual Report 2021 which is on the website.
Because this meeting is hybrid and there will be delegates from about 50 Member Associations who will login virtually to the meeting we have very limited for reporting during the meeting. So this is done in acvance.
Please also see pages 17-29 of the Annual Report for the written version of the Chairs Committee Reports.
- Members Forum 2022 – Programme
This is the 10th BWF Members’ Forum and the first since our face to face meeting in Nanning in May 2019. The BWF Members’ Forum 2022 is an opportunity to look at four main areas:
1. Look at the impact of COVID-19 on our membership and our sport.
2. Showcase some really great examples of innovative practice during the last 12 months.
3. Recognise inspiring practice through the inaugural BWF Member Association Awards 2022.
4. Launch the BWF Physical Activity Policy and to workshop ideas on how Members can use this at a national level.
- Thailand Entry Requirements Change
If your delegate is travelling to Thailand for the AGM, you need to be aware that the Thai Government changed the entry requirements on Friday 22 April.
As of 1 May 2022, there are new entry requirements (linked here for the announcement) which is good news, as there are fewer restrictions. The main changes are:
- You do not need a RT-PCR test to enter Thailand (BUT check with your government / airline if you need one for your flights – to board OR to transit).
- You do not need to have a test on arrival / in the hotel on Day 1.
- You do not need to quarantine in your hotel room on Day 1. You are free to move around the hotel / city after arrival. Note below COVID-19 procedures.
- You do not need to have proof of your hotel accommodation – SHF + first night booking and payment.
- You need proof of COVID-19 insurance coverage for US$10,000 (PREVIOUSLY this was a minimum of 20,000).
NOTE – you still need to apply online for the Thailand Pass (linked here for the Thailand Pass registration).
PLEASE NOTE – that the current online process is suspended until Friday 29 April. If you have already received your Thailand Pass – Test and Go QR code / confirmation – then enter on this, as there is NO change for you.
While you wait, please prepare all the documents for the Thailand Pass application if you have NOT already registered for the Thailand Pass .
You need to prepare these documents:
- Your passport (main page) (jpeg format).
- Vaccinated certificate (jpeg format).
- QR code of the vaccination doses (jpeg format).
- Certificate of insurance with at least USD10,000 coverage for at least the duration of the trip – try this https://tqm-app.com/static/thailandpass/index.html (jpeg format)
When the portal opens again on Friday 29 April – please register as soon as possible. Once you apply, make sure you receive confirmation from the Thai authorities – Thailand Pass QR code and have all documents ready for travel. Make hard copies of all of the documents above and take with you.
- Check the weekly updates from the Thai Government website (link here).
- Schedule – Important Events and Times
Important Events and Times (Bangkok Times unless otherwise stated):
- Thursday 05 May – 18:00 – deadlines for Delegate Nominations
– 19:00 – Badminton Pan Am AGM
- Friday 06 May – 09:00 – 16:30 Members Forum
17:00 – board buses for the Delegates Welcome Cruise
18:00 – 21:30 – Welcome Cruise on the Chao Phraya River
- Saturday 07 May – 09:30 onwards – BWF Information Booths open
– 10:00 – 11:00 – Badminton Europe meeting
– 11:30 – 12:30 – BWF Council Meeting 1
– 12:30 – 14:00 – Lunch for Delegates / Council / Staff
– 14:00 – 15.45 – Arab Badminton League meeting
– 16:00 – 18:00 – Delegates Registration
– 16:00 – 1715 – Francophone League (ABF) AGM
– 18:00 – 21:00 BWF AGM 2022 (19:00 – 22:00 KL time)
- Delegates Welcome Events
The President of the Badminton Association of Thailand, KhunyingPatama Leeswadtrakul has invited all BWF AGM delegates, Council members, BWF staff and Observers on a Welcome Cruise on the evening of Friday 6 May. Details are:
- Meeting at the ground floor / street level of the Centara Grand Bangkok at 1645.
- Board the busses and depart at 1700.
- Cruise starts at 1800 / ends at 2100.
- Dress code – smart casual – please bring National Dress / Costume
- Temperature – it will be very warm – so dress for this.
- COVID-19 Protocols
There will be COVID-19 protocols in place for participants to follow while moving around Bangkok, the hotel and for meetings in the hotel. We are finalizing the protocols based on the advice from the local Health Authorities in Thailand.
Protocols will include the following as a minimum:
- Wear a face mask – when in meetings / when walking around the hotel – bring enough face masks for your trip so you have a supply and able to change these every day. We appreciate that mask mandates are not universal in every country – however, please expect to wear face masks while in Thailand and when you are around other people.
- Practice social distancing – 1 meter apart.
- Use good personal hygiene practices – hand washing / use of hand sanitizer.
- Temperature checking – this may be a part of the experience when entering the hotel.
More information will be provided on Thursday 28 April in the information sessions.
- Get Ready for the virtual AGM 2022
- Nominate your Delegate – send completed nomination form to Pat – [email protected]
- Review the Agenda – proposals / voting rounds. Decide how your delegate will vote for each item on the agenda.
- Review the Annual Report 2021 – especially the Committee Reports – pages 18-27.
- Review the Audited Financial Statements for year ended 31 Dec. 2021 (Annexure B).
- Look at the Budget 2022 and Forecast 2023 (Annexure C).
- Make sure your delegate(s) attend one of the information sessions (see above).