Please find enclosed information on applications to host a Para Badminton World Circuit Tournament in 2023 / 2024.
- BWF Para Badminton Tournament Structure – 2023 to 2024
- Applications to Host – a Para Badminton World Circuit 2023 & 2024
- Time Frames
- Paris 2024 Paralympic Games
This information is also available from the BWF website (linked here). Please forward this internally to the relevant people in your organisation.
- Para Badminton World Circuit 2023 – 2024
The new structure from 2022 consists of these Grades and Levels. Para Badminton World Ranking points are awarded to players based on the Grade and Level of the tournament each player competes in, with Grade 2 Level 1 having a higher amount of points than Levels 2 & 3.
BWF Major Events
o Paralympic Games
o Para Badminton World Championships
BWF Para Badminton World Circuit
o Level 1 – Para badminton International – Max 6 tournaments
o Level 2 – Para badminton International – Unlimited tournaments
o Level 3 – Para Badminton International – Max 3 tournaments
o Continental Championships
o Regional Multisport Events
– Parapan American Games
– Asian Para Games
- Application to Host a Para Badminton Tournament in 2023 – 2024
The BWF Para Badminton World Circuit – Grade 2, Level 1, 2 and 3 tournaments is a series of BWF sanctioned tournaments. Member Associations or organisations recognised by the BWF, are invited to apply to host one or more of these tournaments
Please find attached the following:
- Request for Proposal (RFP) / Bid Document – Para Badminton World Circuit.
- Appendix – Responsibilities for Hosts / BWF PB World Circuit – Grade 1 – Level 1-3
- Application Form – Para Badminton World Circuit 2023 & 2024 – to be completed by the applicant.
BWF has the right to sanction a tournament and to assign and determine how many tournaments will be allocated to each level.
- Time Frames
- Friday 15 April 2022– Request for Proposal Available
- Monday 1 July 2022 – Deadline for submissions / applications
- August 2022 – Tournaments Approved
- September 2022 – Successful Applicant / Host and BWF sign agreement.
- Paris 2024 Paralympic Games – Qualification Period
The Paris 2024 Paralympic Games qualification period will begin in January 2023 and expected to finish in March 2024. Those hosting a tournament in 2023 will be required to host a tournament in 2024. BWF will decide the number of world circuit tournaments that will be part of the Paralympic Games qualification period.
The enclosed information and attachments can also be downloaded from the BWF website – linked here.
If you have any question, please contact Syahmi Sabron [email protected]