There are 3 weeks to go to the BWF AGM 2022. Are you ready? Here are a few reminders about getting ready for the BWF AGM 2022. Please send this to your delegate(s).
- Checklist – Have you completed these Yet?
If you have not competed all these steps – then please read below carefully. There are many things to do before you depart for Bangkok.
- Basics – Complete / Send Delegate’s Nomination Form
Step 1 – decide who will be your delegate(s).
Step 2 – decide if your delegate(s) will travel to Bangkok OR attend virtually.
- Travelling to Bangkok – Step by Step Guide
- Book your flight – Delegates arrive Wednesday 4 May / Depart Sunday 8 May.
- Complete the AAA Form (download from the AGM page linked here) and send this to [email protected] – This is the Accommodation / Arrival / Accreditation form. The deadline was Friday 8 April – if you have not done this – it is now URGENT.
- Wait for the invoice for your accommodation – from Badminton Thailand.
- Pay for the accommodation in full.
- Receive a receipt for the first nights accommodation – Test and Go package.
- Buy insurance for the duration of stay (at least USD20,000 COVID-19 coverage) – https://tqm-app.com/static/thailandpass/index.html
- Prepare all the documents for the Thailand Pass – Test and Go application.
- Your passport (main page) (jpeg format).
- Vaccinated certificate (jpeg format).
- QR code of the vaccination doses (jpeg format).
- Certificate of insurance (jpeg format)
- Apply online for the Thailand Pass – Test and Go – deadline Monday 25 April.
- Receive confirmation from the Thai authorities – Thailand Pass QR code.
- Key Deadlines / Actions
- Monday 4 April – deadline to complete your airline booking – flight to Bangkok
- Friday 8 April – deadline AAA Form – Accommodation / Arrival / Accreditation Form
- Monday 25 April – deadline to apply for the Thailand Pass – Test and Go
- Wednesday 04 May – delegates arrive in Bangkok – airport transport to hotel
- Thursday 05 May – quarantine in your hotel room / deadline for nomination
- 1900 Bangkok time – Badminton Pan Am AGM
- Friday 06 May – Membership engagement / Members Forum
- Saturday 07 May – BWF AGM 2022 – starts at 1800 Bangkok time / 1900 KL time
- Sunday 08 May – delegates depart Bangkok – or stay on to watch badminton – the
TotalEnergies BWF Thomas & Uber Cup Finals (08 -15 May).
- Reminders – Travel Grant / Hotel Accommodation / Arrival Test / COVID-19
BWF supports one delegate to the AGM in the following ways:
- A travel grant – to support the travel to Bangkok – check if your Association is eligible to receive a travel grand (linked here)
- Accommodation – the BWF will reimburse one delegate from each Member in Good Standing for 4 nights accommodation.
Payment – Members must pay in advance. The travel grant and accommodation will be reimbursed within 2 weeks after the AGM.
Official Hotel – Please re-read the memo we sent on 18 March (linked here) as this gives detail about the official hotel, the costs, and process to book.
COVID-19 Protocols – there will be COVID-19 protocols in place for moving the hotel and for meetings. We are finalizing the protocols based on the advice from the local Health Authorities in Thailand. Protocols will likely include:
- Mask wearing
- Social distancing
- Personal hygiene / hand washing / use of hand sanitizers
- Temperature checking
- Registration through an app when entering venues / places / meeting room.
More information on the exact protocols will be circulated next week.
- Keep Up to Date – Thai Government Announcements / Your Airline
BWF will keep you up to date with changes in procedure. However – make sure you keep up to date with the following:
- Your governments requirements – to travel overseas / to return home.
- Your airline requirements – do you need a pre-departure test to board your flight / to transit on the way to Bangkok / to board in Bangkok to fly back home.
- Announcements from the Thai Government – about requirements.
- Check the weekly updates from the Thai Government website (link here).