The BWF Para Badminton World Rankings are now updated in compliance with the new regulations, including the new World Rankings table. This means that the total points at the end of 2021 have been updated according to the new table.
- BWF Para Badminton World Rankings https://bwfbadminton.com/rankings/?id=14
The BWF Para Badminton Rankings can be viewed by discipline (men’s / women’s singles / doubles and mixed) and by Sport Class – WH 1 / WH 2 / SL 3 / SL 4 / SU 5 / SH 6.
The total points at the end 2021 have been converted using a multiplier for each event (e.g.WS SL 4, XD SL 3 – SU 5).
*Note: The total for each player/pair has the correct World Ranking Points. However, the breakdown of points for each player/pair may appear with the old points for now. We expect this to be resolved shortly.
The following tournaments currently count for the Para Badminton World Rankings:
- African Para Badminton Championships 2018
- Asian Para Games 2018
- VYV BWF European Para-Badminton Championships 2018
- Pan Am Para Badminton Championships 2018
- 5th Turkish Para-Badminton International – ENESCUP 2019
- YONEX Canada Para Badminton International 2019
- FZ Forza Irish Para-Badminton International 2019
- TOTAL BWF Para Badminton World Championships 2019
- Thailand Para-Badminton International 2019
- China Para-Badminton International 2019
- VICTOR Denmark Para-Badminton presented by Danisa
- HULIC DAIHATSU Japan Para-Badminton International 2019
- Brazil Para Badminton International 2020
- VICTOR Oceania Para Badminton Championships 2020
- Peru Para Badminton International 2020
- Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum 3rd Dubai Para Badminton Int. 2021
- Spanish Para Badminton International 2021
- Uganda Para Badminton International 2021
Spanish Para Badminton International – New Regulations in Use
Beginning with the Spanish Para Badminton International 2022 – Level 2 (1st – 6th March), the Para Badminton World Rankings, will be based on the new regulations (Section 5.5.9 Para Badminton World Rankings Regulations) – link.
We strongly recommend that Members go through the document in order to fully understand the system.
The Para Badminton World Rankings still take into account the best six results. Once a tournament is played in 2022, the same previous tournament in either 2019 / 2020 or 2021 will be replaced by points gained in the newer edition. On 5th July 2022, the same tournament that have not repeated itself in the first half of 2022 will have its points from 2019 – 2021 be reduced by 50%.
The points from the BWF Para Badminton World Championships (2019) and Continental Championships (2018 and/or 2020) count until the newer edition is played in 2022 and replaced.
Tournaments from 2019 – 2021 that have not repeated themselves until the end of 2022 will be removed from World Rankings calculation after 31 December 2022.