Further to our announcement of 29 November, we would like to advise that the deadline for applications for scholarships for the Post Graduate Certificate International Sports Management course has been extended to 2 January 2022.
The BWF in partnership with the World Academy of Sport (WAoS) is offering scholarships for WAoS’ and the University of London’s Postgraduate Certificate in International Sports Management.
The Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert) in International Sports Management has two target groups:
- Dual career athletes who have chosen a joint educational and elite sporting life; and
- Other people employed within the badminton community (e.g., staff from BWF Member Associations).
The programme offers opportunities for interested parties to apply for a scholarship to participate in the online course which can be completed over a period of up to five years.
To be considered for a scholarship the following criteria must be met by the applicants:
- An existing undergraduate degree (e.g., bachelor degree) or a minimum of 5-8 years of relevant work experience and professional references; and
- An English language level of IELTS: at least 6.5 overall, with 6.0 in the written test or other equivalent proficiency certification [link]; plus
- Be “in good standing” with their Member Association.
BWF will publish the reasoned decision of the CAS Appeals Panel once this is available.
The course is 100 per cent online and can be completed over a period of up to five years, recognising that athletes and industry professionals require varying levels of learning at different stages in their careers as many have limited time available.
Deadline for the applications is 2 January 2022.
For more information on the application process and the application form, see the BWF Development Website (linked here).
If you have any questions regarding the enclosed, email WAoS Team ([email protected]).