1. Office Closure – Thursday 4 November – Happy Diwali 2021
2. Nominations – BWF Athletes’ Commission Elections
The BWF is seeking nominations for the BWF Athletes’ Commission elections which will be held on Friday 17 December 2021.
The deadline to submit a nomination is midnight KL time on Friday 5 November (this Friday). Member Associations and athletes can make nominations. Please see the information on the BWF website (linked here).
The Athletes’ Commission aims is to represent the needs and views of athletes to the BWF Council and Committees. The Chair of the Athletes’ Commission is a voting member of the Council and has the responsibility to advise Committees and Council on matters relevant to athletes.
The objectives of the BWF Athletes’ Commission are:
- To act as the official link between the players and the BWF;
- To proactively consider issues relating to players and give advice to the BWF on player related matters;
- To represent the rights and interests of the players to the BWF Council to ensure the athlete opinion is heard at the highest level of governance of badminton;
- To maintain contact and good relations with the IOC Athletes’ Commission.