1. Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games – Badminton 1 – 5 September
On Wednesday this week Tokyo 2020 will host the debut of Badminton at the Paralympic Games. This is a historical moment for our sport, and with all the athletes in Tokyo we can expect some inspirational moments on court.
- 90 athletes – 46 male and 44 female players
- 28 National Paralympic Committees across 5 Continental Confederations
- 1 to 5 September 2021.
Olympics / Paralympics Website (linked here)
Paralympic Badminton News – (linked here)
- Chan’s News Coming True 12 Years On – (linked here)
- Sportlight on Satomi, Liu Yu Tong (linked here)
- Tokyo Diary : Mroz Confident after High Altitude Stint (linked here)
- Airbus Gives Toupe a Fast Ride to Tokyo 2020 (linked here)
- For Self, State and Nation (linked here)
2. Schedule A 2021
Please find attached the Schedule A for 2021. Each year Members must complete this and send back to the BWF. This is a requirement under the BWF constitution.
Please complete this before midnight 30 September 2021 and send to Patricia Wong [email protected]
Clause 7.23 of the BWF constitution states the following:
Schedule A – means the form submitted to the Secretary General by Members annually which contains such information required for purposes of administration and publication including but not limited to the names, addresses and contact information of its principal officers, the number of member clubs / associations, the total number of registered players affiliated to the Member and a declaration that the provisions of Criteria for Membership (Clause 8) continue to be met.
3. Office Closure – Public Holiday – Tuesday 31 August 2021
The BWF office will be closed tomorrow Tuesday 31 August to mark the national holiday for Independence Day in Malaysia (Hari Merdeka).