The BWF in partnership with the World Academy of Sport (WAoS) have opened a new cycle of scholarships for WAoS’ and the University of London’s Postgraduate Certificate in International Sports Management.
This is an important opportunity for athletes and staff of BWF Member Associations.
Post Graduate Certificate in Sports Management
The Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert) in International Sports Management has two target groups:
- Dual career athletes who have chosen a joint educational and elite sporting life; and
- Other people employed within the badminton community (e.g., staff from BWF Member Associations).
The programme offers opportunities for interested parties to apply for a scholarship to participate in the online course which can be completed over a period of up to five years.
Criteria for Applicants
To be considered for a scholarship the following criteria must be met by the applicants:
- An existing undergraduate degree (e.g., bachelor degree) or a minimum of 5-8 years of relevant work experience and professional references; and
- An English language level of IELTS of at least 6.5 overall, with 6.0 in the written test or other equivalent proficiency certification [link]; plus
- Being in good standing with their Member Association.
The online course is 100 per cent online and can be completed over a period of up to five years, recognising that athletes and industry professionals require varying levels of learning at different stages in their careers as many have limited time available.
- Deadline for the applications is 16 July 2021.
More Information / Contact
For more information on the application process and the application form, see the BWF Development Website (linked here).
If you have any questions regarding the enclosed, email the WAoS Team on: [email protected]