Thank you to the 159 Members in Good Standing who took part in the BWF AGM 2021.
- A total of 160 Members in Good Standing nominated delegates to the AGM.
- 158 Voting Delegates attended
- 1 Member’s Second Delegate attended, but not their Voting Delegate (hence 158 + 1)
- 1 other Member who had nominated a delegate, did not attend the meeting.
- Total attendance = 311 delegates, observers, Continental representatives, BWF staff
This was the third virtual AGM of the BWF, and a record number of representatives at a BWF General Meeting.
Important Information from the AGM
Please find enclosed, important information from the BWF virtual AGM of Saturday 22 May 2021:
- Decisions – BWF AGM 2021 (see below)
- Record of Voting (attached)
Annex 1 – Summary – Record of Voting
Record – For Proposals 1-15 on the AGM 2021 Agenda (linked here)
Annex 2 – Detailed record – Proposals 1-5
Annex 3 – Detailed record – Proposals 5-10
Annex 4 – Detailed record – Proposal 11-15
- Statistics on Attendance – (see below)
- Survey – Give us your feedback
- AGM Video – Now available.
- Certification by the Independent Lawyer – download – (linked here)
- AGM website page (linked here)
- Decisions of the AGM 2021
The AGM approved 10 of the 15 proposals on the AGM Agenda 2021 (linked here).
Please see the Voting Record attached – which gives the summary of the statistics from the open ballots (the 15 proposals) and the results from each proposal.
The decisions of the AGM are as follows:
- Scrutineers – Ratified the scrutineers as proposed.
- Minutes – Approved the minutes of the last meeting.
- Accounts – Adopted the Audited Financial Statements for year ending 31 Dec 2020.
- Vetting Panel – Confirmed the members of the inaugural Vetting Panel.
- Independent Hearing Panel (IH) – Confirmed the members of the inaugural IHP.
- Council proposal – amendments – Laws of Badminton – agenda item 4.3 (linked here)
- Subscriptions – Set the unit of subscription for 2022 as USD$200 (same as current).
- Auditors 2021 – Maintained BDO PLT as auditors for 2021.
- Suspension – Continuation suspension Fédération Royale Marocaine de Badminton
- Suspension – Continuation of the suspension – Kenyan Badminton Association.
Proposals on the following were not successful:
- Amendments to Law 16 – use of Best Efforts
- New Scoring System – 5 games to 11
- Two new Official Languages – Spanish and French
- Criteria for Associate Members – participation in at least one international competition.
- Two Year Terms – for BWF Council members.
Elections of Council
- President – Poul-Erik Høyer (DEN)
- Deputy President – KhunyingPatama Leeswadtrakul (THA)
- Vice President Para Badminton – Paul Kurzo (SUI)
Elected the follow for the 20 ordinary Council positions.
- Record of Voting
Please find attached, Annex 1 – Summary – Voting Record which gives the summary of the statistics from each of the open ballots (the 15 proposals) and the results from each proposal.
See also attached the detailed Voting Record for Proposals 1-15 on the AGM 2021 Agenda (linked here). These Annex 2, 3 and 4 detail how each Voting Delegate / Member voted for each proposal on the agenda:
3. Attendance Statistics
Thank you to everyone who participated in the BWF virtual AGM 2021 integrated process. The AGM 2021 had one of the highest numbers of Members attending ever.
- Members who nominated delegates by the deadline – 160
- Members (with voting rights) represented – 158 – (Africa 33) (Asia 39) (Europe 50) (Oceania 12) (Pan Am= 24)
- Second Delegates – 71
- Associate Members – 6
- CC Representatives – 5
- Observers – 41
- BWF staff – 31
- Total Attendance at the Virtual AGM – 311
Please note that all of the AGM 2021 information, including the video of the virtual meeting, can be viewed on the Forum/AGM page of the corporate website (linked here).
- Share your Experience of the virtual AGM
BWF would very much like to hear from Voting Delegates, Delegates and the Observers at the virtual AGM. Please share your experience by completing a short online survey:
- Video of the Virtual AGM
BWF has uploaded the full video of the BWF virtual AGM 2021 (linked here).
This is a recording of the webcast. It has been uploaded so that Members who were not able to attend the virtual AGM can view the meeting (2 hours / 53 minutes).