One of the key items on the BWF AGM Agenda this Saturday is the proposal from Badminton Indonesia (PBSI) and the Maldives Badminton Association, to amend the Laws of Badminton relating to the Scoring System.
This proposal is seconded by Badminton Asia, Badminton Korea Association and the Chinese Taipei Badminton Association.
BWF Council has express its support for this proposal.
The proposal aligns with the objectives of the BWF Strategic Plan 2020-2024:
- To include new and innovative elements of the game to ensure this continues to evolve over time.
- To excite, engage and enhance our global fan base through inspirational performances at world-class events.
The proposal is very similar to the Council proposal considered by the membership at the AGM in 2018 in Bangkok.
Get Ready for BWF AGM 2021 – Read, Discuss and Decide
BWF encourages all stakeholders in our global badminton community – Member Associations, players, coaches and team management – to review the material available and consult internally within their Federations.
Attached are the following:
- Benefits – Proposed Scoring System Change
- Focusing on Players – Infographics on how this can benefits players
- Scoring System Change – Statistical Analysis
- Questions and Answers
- The Proposed wording Change – Laws of Badminton
Please pass on this information to the relevant parties in your Association.
See all the information on BWF AGM 2021 on the BWF website.