The BWF is pleased to provide information on the criteria and application process to access the Female Participation Grants for Para badminton athletes in 2021.
The Female Participation Grant offers opportunities for new female athletes to apply for financial support to attend and be Internationally Classified at a number of BWF sanctioned International tournaments in 2021.
To be considered and receive a participation grant from the BWF, athletes must meet the following criteria:
- Be affiliated to their National Badminton Federation / National Para badminton Federation / National Paralympic Committee;
- Be eligible to be internationally classified by the BWF in one of the six Para badminton Sport Classes (WH1, WH2, SL3, SL4, SU5 & SH6);
- Participate in structured badminton training on a weekly basis (minimum).
Application Form / Attachments
- Grant Application Form – send Erica Khoo [email protected] – Deadline for the applications is 26th March 2021.
- Tournaments 2021 – where Classification will take place this year.
- Form 1– Para Badminton Medical Information Form
- Form 2– Para Badminton Player Evaluation Consent Form
Please complete the two forms in full and return to [email protected] by 26th March 2021. Please title the email Female Participation Grant 2021.
More Information / Contact
For more information on the application process and the application forms, see the BWF Development Website (linked here)
Please email John Shearer [email protected] if you have any questions regarding the enclosed.