Further to our update on Wednesday 17 February (linked here), BWF wishes to advise that the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) and Singapore Badminton Association (SBA), in consultation and agreement with the BWF, have decided to postpone the following HSBC BWF World Tour tournaments.
Tournament Update 2021
Postponed (new dates shown below)
- CELCOM AXIATA Malaysia Open 2021 (Super 750) – Kuala Lumpur – 25 – 30 May
- PERODUA Malaysia Masters 2021 (Super 500) – postponed until further notice)
- The Singapore Open 2021 (Super 500) – Singapore – 01 – 06 June
Other tournament postponed – new dates pending:
Please note, that because of the changes above, the following tournaments have been postponed, with new dates to be advised.
- Indonesia Masters 2021 – Jakarta Pusat – (previously 01 – 06 June)
- Indonesia Open 2021 – Jakarta Pusat – (previously 08 – 13 June)
Tokyo 2020 Olympic Qualifying Period – Ends 15 June 2021
The Olympic Qualifying period for the Race to Tokyo will now close on 15 June 2021, with the last tournament counting for qualification being the Singapore Open 2021 (new dates above).
BWF is working with the IOC to update the Tokyo 2020 Qualification Regulation. BWF will share the updated regulation once formal approval has been given by the IOC to the end date of the qualifying period.
BWF Events Calendar – Updated
BWF is tracking all the amendments to the calendar due to the impact of Covid-19 on the announcements page – linked here. Please continue to look at the calendar regularly (linked here) and watch out for announcements and updates.