Further to our notice of 29 February 2020 (linked here), we would like to inform you that the BWF Council, at its meeting of 25 May 2020:
- changed the effective date of the regulations it had approved at the Lausanne Council meeting (18 and 19 February) from 23 May 2020 to 19 July 2020 – and
- made minor amendments to the BWF Judicial Procedures approved at that meeting.
- Change of Effective Date
At the February meeting, the BWF Council decided that the regulations it had approved at the meeting (see below) shall come into effect on 23 May 2020, which was the day after the original date of the AGM (22 May 2020 in Aarhus).
Since the AGM is now being held on the Saturday 18 July, the Council decided at its meeting of 25 May 2020, that the effective date should now be 19 July 2020, the day after the virtual AGM.
The regulations and effective dates are as below:
- BWF Statutes – Section 1.2.7 – Complaint Procedures – effective date 19 July 2020
- BWF Statutes – Section 2 – Ethics / Integrity Regulations
2.1 Revised Section 2.1 – Badminton Code of Ethics – effective date 19 July 2020
2.2 Revised Section 2.2 – Seven Codes of Conduct – effective date 19 July 2020
2.3 New Section 2.4 – Code of Conduct on the Prevention of the Manipulations of Competitions (to replace existing Section 2.4) – effective date 19 July 2020
- Revised Section 3.1 Judicial Procedures – effective date 19 July 2020
All these regulations can be downloaded from the BWF website – Statutes page (linked here)– see the “Download” icon at the top right of the page.
- Minor Amendments – Judicial Procedures
The Council at its meeting of 25 May, made some minor amendments to the Judicial Procedures which were revised at the 18 and 19 February meeting.
The changes approved on 25 May relate to Clauses 10.2.2.1 and a new Clause 46.3 as per the below.
The amended Judicial Procedures (effective date 19 July) can be downloaded from the BWF website – Statutes page (linked here) – see the “Download” icon at the top right of the page.