The BWF announced today that the TOTAL BWF Thomas & Uber Cup Finals and the BWF Members’ Forum and AGM 2020, which were due to be hosted in Aarhus, Denmark have been postponed till August 2020 due to the unprecedented global COVID-19 situation.
The TOTAL BWF Thomas & Uber Cup Finals were scheduled for 16-24 May and during the same period, the BWF Members’ Forum and AGM 2020 were scheduled to take place on 21 and 22 May 2020.
The BWF Council in consultation with hosts, Badminton Denmark, could clearly see that the global badminton community is facing extraordinary times with the spread of COVID-19 and that it would be in the best interest of all parties in the global badminton community to postpone the scheduled events as the situation would not allow a successful staging on the originally planned dates.
New Dates for the Members’ Forum / AGM
The TOTAL BWF Thomas & Uber Cup Finals and Members’ Forum & AGM are being moved forward three months from May to August and will continue to be hosted in Aarhus, Denmark.
The dates for the TOTAL BWF Thomas & Uber Cup Finals will be hosted 15 to 23 August 2020, and the same pattern for the week will be maintained for Forum & AGM – 1) Thursday – the Members’ Forum, 2) Thursday night – the Delegates Dinner and 3) Friday – the AGM.
The new dates for the Members’ Forum, Delegates Dinner, AGM and TOTAL BWF Thomas and Uber Cup Finals are as follows:
- Saturday 15 – Sunday 23 August 2020 – TOTAL BWF Thomas & Uber Cup Finals
- Tuesday 18 August – 1000 CET time – Deadline for Delegates Nomination Form
- Thursday 20 August 2020 – Members’ Forum – starting at 0900
- Thursday 20 August 2020 – Delegates Dinner – starting at 1900
- Friday 21 August 2020 – BWF AGM 2020 – starting at 1000
- Booking of Hotel and Air tickets – As already communication in a separate Memorandum on 18 March 2020, all Members have been notified not to make further hotel bookings or book Airline tickets for the originally planned dates in May for the BWF Forum and AGM.
- Hotel Bookings Paid For by Members for Forum & AGM – Any rooms booked and paid for by Members at the Raddisson Blu for the May meeting dates will be refunded by BWF or will be honoured for the August meeting. BWF will in due course provide more information about the exact process, including new booking procedures for Members who have not yet booked rooms.
- Hotel Bookings by Members for TOTAL BWF Thomas & Uber Cup Finals – Any rooms already booked will be rearranged for the new August dates. BWF will provide more information about the exact process and new booking procedures in due course.
- Airline Bookings – Members who had already booked airline tickets for the May Forum & AGM meeting should:
- Contact the airline or agency to get a refund on any flight tickets already booked or change the departure / arrival dates to fit in with the new dates.
- If it is not possible to get a refund or reschedule the flight tickets the Member should contact BWF with documentation of any lost costs and explain why the tickets cannot be refunded or rescheduled.
BWF will provide new deadlines for the following as soon as all the information is available.
- To request a visa letter
- To book and pay for hotel accommodation.
- To provide your itinerary / request airport pick up.
- To request accreditation to watch badminton.