The BWF would like to give notice that the following Continental Championships (CC) have been suspended due to the unprecedented Covid-19 situation globally.
The decision to suspend these three CC Championships was made in close consultation and agreement with Badminton Asia, Badminton Europe and Badminton Pan Am taking into account the health, safety and wellbeing of participants during this extraordinary time.
- 2020 European Championships – 21–26 April 2020 – Kyiv, Ukraine
- Badminton Asia Championships 2020 – 21–26 April 2020 – Manila, Philippines
- XXIV Pan Am Individual Championships 2020 – 23–26 April 2020, Lima Peru
Other Tournaments Suspended
Further to the three Continental Championships above, these last two tournaments for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games Qualifying Period have also been suspended.
- VICTOR Croatian International 2020 – 16-19 April 2020 – Zagreb, Croatia
- Perú International 2020 – 16 – 19 April 2020- Lima Peru
BWF Tournament Calendar
The BWF is working closely with Member Associations and Continental Confederations on possible new dates for tournament hosts who wish to still have their tournaments on different dates at a later time in 2020.
BWF will inform the membership of any new dates for postponed tournaments in the coming weeks. Members should also keep an eye of the Calendar of Tournaments on the BWF website (linked here).
FAQs – Frequently asked Questions and Answers
Please see list of FAQs on tournament participation and the Coronavirus / COVID-19 on the announcements page of the BWF website (linked here).