As per our Notice of 28 September 2018 (linked here), the deadline for receiving AGM proposals and nominations / seconding for the vacant positions on Council was midnight KL time, 22 February 2019.
BWF received by the deadline, three (3) nominations for the Deputy President and eight (8) nominations for the one vacant Council member position.
The list of nominees and those Members nominating / seconding the nominations can be downloaded from the AGM page (linked here). The profiles of the candidates will published in March and these will also be circulated on Friday 29 March together with the Notice of the AGM.
Elections for the two vacant positions on Council – Deputy President and Council member – will be held at the AGM on Thursday 23 May 2019 in Nanning, China.
BWF AGM 2019 Information
Please note also that all information for the AGM can be viewed on the AGM page of the website (linked here). The key dates and deadlines are as follows:
- 29 March 2019 – deadline for the notice of the Meeting (7 weeks out)
- 12 April 2019 – deadline for any amendments to proposals (5 weeks out)
- Thursday 23 May 2019 (1000) – BWF Annual General Meeting
- Friday 24 May 2019 – Members Forum (0900)
- Sunday 19 – 26 May 2019 – TOTAL BWF Sudirman Cup