BWF is seeking nominations for elections to the BWF Athletes’ Commission. The elections will take place on Tuesday 21 May 2019 at the Total BWF Sudirman Cup 2020, and via email over 14 days in May for those who are not in Nanning.
- 19 February 2019 – Announcement of the Elections – BWF sends a notice out to all Members.
- 26 March 2019 – Deadline for Nominations – Nominations for election to the Athletes Commission must be made in writing using the Nomination Form and sent to Patricia Wong [email protected]
- 9 April 2019 – Confirmation of Candidates – the list of candidates will be sent by email to Member Associations, badminton players and the candidates themselves. The list of candidates will also be published on the BWF website.
- 23 April – 21 May 2019 – Voting by Email. Use only the official Voting Form. Send this to [email protected]
- 21 May 2019 – Voting in Person – players at the TOTAL BWF Sudirman Cup can vote in person at the Competition Venue from 09:00 to 20:00 (8.00 PM Nanning time).
There are three (3) positions available. These positions are for members whose terms are expiring this year – Koen Ridder (NED), Shintaro Ikeda (JPN) and Akville Stapusaityte (LTU)
The three elected members in May 2019 will serve a two (2) year term on the Athletes’ Commission until May 2021. They will join the current members – Marc Zwiebler (GER), Kirsty Gilmour (SCO) and Pusarla V. Sindhu (IND) whose term will also expire in May 2021 (see the profiles of Commission members linked here).