Further to our notice of 7 January, please be reminded that Members have 7 days to submit proposals and make a nomination(s) for the elections being held at the AGM (1 Deputy President and 1 Council member).
The deadline for proposals and nominations is Friday 22 February 2019.
All AGM information including the forms to complete and submit, can be found on the Forum & AGM pages of the BWF website (linked here). This includes the accommodation, transport and accreditation forms.
- BWF AGM 2019 – Nanning, China – Thursday 23 May 2019
The 2019 BWF Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday 23 May 2019 in Nanning, China, in conjunction with the TOTAL BWF Sudirman Cup, 19 – 26 May 2019.
- 22 February 2019 – deadline for proposals to AGM / seconding of proposals – and the deadline for nominations for elections / seconding – Deputy President / Council member (12 weeks out)
- 29 March 2019 – deadline for the notice of the Meeting (7 weeks out)
- 31 March 2019 – deadline to submit Visa Letter Request Form
- 12 April 2019 – deadline for any amendments to proposals (5 weeks out)
- 12 April 2019 – deadline for booking / payments for hotel and arrival information
- Thursday 23 May 2019 at (1000) – BWF Annual General Meeting
- Friday 24 May 2019 at (0900) – Members Forum
- Sunday 19 – 26 May 2019 – TOTAL BWF Sudirman Cup
- Elections at the 2019 AGM
As per our Notice of 28 September 2018 (linked here), there will be an election for two vacant positions on Council. The closing date to receive nominations / seconding of these is midnight KL time, Friday 22 February 2019. The two vacant positions are:
- Deputy President
- Council member
The nomination forms can be downloaded from the Forum & AGM pages of the BWF website (linked here).
- Forms to Complete – Deadlines
The following forms must be completed and sent to the host no later than the deadline below.
- Visa Request Letter Form – deadline 31 March 2019
- Hotel Reservation and Payment Form – deadline 12 April 2019
- Delegates Transport / Accreditation Form – deadline 12 April 2019
These forms can be downloaded from the Forum & AGM pages of the BWF website (linked here).
- Travel Grant to the AGM
The BWF is again offering a travel grant to support the travel costs and accommodation for one (1) delegate to attend the 2019 AGM. The same principles apply as last year.
More details will be available at the end of next week.
- Being In Good Standing – Eligibility to Participate in the AGM
“Being in good standing” means that the Member must have:
- paid the 2019 subscription (see below)
- completed and submitted its Schedule A for 2018 ….
…. before the Member can nominate a delegate, nominate / second someone for an elected position, make / second a proposal to the AGM.
Please see the BWF website for the list of Member Associations who have not yet paid the 2019 subscription (linked here).
Subscription letters and invoices were sent to Members in November 2018.
Please contact Chia Lee [email protected] if you need this to be resent.
Please contact Patricia Wong if you are not sure you have sent in the 2018 Schedule A – [email protected]