The BWF AGM will be held in Nanning, China on Thursday 23 May 2019. The below is a brief summary of the most important information.
- AGM and Member’s Forum 2019 – Key Dates / Location
- Elections – Deputy President / Council Member
- Travel Grant for Delegates – 2019 BWF AGM
- Being ‘In Good Standing’ – eligibility to make proposals / participate in the AGM
- Subscriptions 2019 – deadline 31 January 2019
All AGM information including the forms to complete can be found on the Forum & AGM pages of the BWF website (linked here). The accommodation, visa, transport and accreditation forms will be available in February.
BWF Forum and AGM 2019 – Nanning, China – Thursday 23 May 2019
The 2019 BWF Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday 23 May 2019 in Nanning, China, in conjunction with the TOTAL BWF Sudirman Cup, 19 – 26 May 2019.
– 31 January 2019 – deadline for payment of subscriptions
– 22 February 2019 – deadline for proposals to AGM / seconding of proposals / nominations for elections / seconding
– 29 March 2019 – deadline for the notice of the Meeting
– 12 April 2019 – deadline for any amendments to proposals
– Thursday 23 May 2019 (1000) – BWF Annual General Meeting
– Friday 24 May 2019 – Members Forum (0900)
– Sunday 19 – 26 May 2019 – TOTAL BWF Sudirman Cup
Information on the official hotel, visa letters and transport will be sent to Members and posted on the AGM pages of the website in February (linked here).
Elections at the 2019 AGM
As per our Notice of 28 September 2018 (linked here), there will be an election for two vacant positions on Council. The closing date to receive nominations / seconding of these is Friday 22 February 2019.
The two vacant positions are:
- Deputy President
- Council member
Travel Grant to the AGM
The BWF is again offering a travel grant to support the travel costs and accommodation for one (1) delegate to attend the 2019 AGM. The same principles apply as last year. More details will be available in early February including the amount each Member will receive towards the travel costs.
Please note however that to be eligible to receive the travel grant for the 2019, the Member must have submitted its 2018 Schedule A no later than 31 January 2019.
Being In Good Standing – Eligibility to Participate in the AGM
“Being in good standing” means that the Member must have:
- paid the 2019 subscription (see below)
- completed and submitted its Schedule A for 2018
before the Member nominates a delegate, nominates / seconds someone for an elected position, makes a proposal to the AGM.
Please contact Patricia Wong if you are not sure you have sent in the 2018 Schedule A – [email protected]
Subscriptions are due on 31 January 2019. Subscriptions must be received no later than midnight KL time.
Please note that players cannot be entered into competitions after this deadline if the subscription is not paid by the deadline. Clause 26.6 of the BWF constitution states:
“A subscription shall be payable prior to a Member or its players taking part in competitive events as in Clause 26.1.
“In no circumstances can a Member’s player(s) or a team continue to compete beyond the due date for payment of the subscription, nor can that Member stage a Federation sanctioned tournament”.
Subscription letters and invoices were sent to Members in November 2018. Please contact Chia Lee [email protected] if you need this to be resent.