1. Research Grants 2018 / 2019 – Applications Open
BWF provides research grants to institutions and individuals to assist in the funding of applied sports science research in badminton. Applications are now open for the 2018 / 2019 cycle. The BWF has a research grant budget of $70,000 for 2018 – 2019. The deadline for applications is 10 August 2018. More information is also available on the BWF Education website (linked here).
2. Special Olympics
Thank you to all those Members who provided us with information on the relationships with Special Olympics at the national level. We have extended the deadline to reply to 25 June 2018 so we can gather more information. BWF would like to know if your National Badminton Federation has a relationship with Special Olympics at a national level. Please send the answers to the following questions to John Shearer [email protected]
- What is the name of your Federation?
- Does your Federation have a relationship with your National Special Olympics organisation?
- Is the relationship formalised e.g. Signed Agreement/MoU?
- Has your Federation delivered any of the following programmes to support persons with intellectual disabilities – Schools/Youth – Clubs – Competitions – Unified Badminton
- Any other relevant information you would like to share.
3. Job Opportunities – BWF | Badminton Europe
BWF Technical Officials Manager
Reporting to the Senior Technical Events Manager, the Technical Officials (TO) Manager is responsible for the effective implementation of all BWF Technical Officials programmes, and related development activities, including the existing volunteer and semi-professional referee and umpire programmes, educational resources development and production, and helping to build upon existing continental confederation and member association technical officials recruitment, education, training, and development initiatives. Deadline to apply – 29 June 2018.
Badminton Europe – Senior Manager – Development & High Performance
Badminton Europe is seeking a Senior Manager for a full-time position to join its head office in Copenhagen, Denmark. The Senior Manager will be responsible for the overall management of the Development and High Performance areas within Badminton Europe, including oversight of the BEC Centre of Excellence, Development Programmes, Member Structures, Para-Badminton and Women in Badminton. The work will include some travelling and some flexibility in working hours will be required. Deadline to apply – 25 June 2018. Read more / download the advertisement >>>>>
4. Office Closures – Public Holiday – Friday 15 June 2018
This is a reminder that the BWF office will be closed on Friday 15 June for Hari Raya Aidilfitri, to celebrate the end of the Ramadan.