AGM and Council Meeting Follow Up – Key Decisions
BWF has uploaded a summary of the key decisions of the AGM and Council from the meetings that were held in Bangkok. The Key Decisions and Annexure A – Amendments to the Constitution, can be downloaded from the governance section of the website.
The key decisions outlined are:
- Amendments to the Constitution – see attached Annexure A which details the amendments approved by the membership. The amendments came into force on 20 May 2018. All amendments agreed by the membership have been incorporated into the constitution published on the BWF website.
- Laws of Badminton – Clause 16.6.3 – Misconduct
- Laws of Badminton – Clause 9.1.6 and 6.1.7 – Service
- Laws of Badminton – Alternative Laws of Badminton
- Subscription amount for 2019 = USD$200 for 1 Unit (same as 2018)
- BDO Malaysia – Auditors confirmed for another year
- Section 5.1 – General Competition Regulations – Clause 2.5
- Section 5.2.1 – Major Events Tournament Regulations – Clause 12
- BWF Accredited Referees – Diraj Gooneadry (MRI) and Lui Wan Swee (MAS)
- New Governance and Ethics Commission
- Amendments – BWF Judicial Procedures – new Clause 12.4
- Gender Equity Commission – a new emphasis
New BWF Vice President Africa
On Thursday 17 May 2018, the Badminton Confederation of Africa elected a new President / BWF Vice President Africa – Mr Michel Bau from Seychelles. The BWF President Poul-Erik Høyer welcomed Michel Bau to his first Council meeting as BWF Vice President Africa at the Council meeting of Monday 21 May.
We have uploaded on the BWF website a few presentations from the Members’ Forum that we have permission to share. These have been uploaded (linked here):
- Engagement in the Digital Space – BWF Vision – Emma Mason / Thomas Lund
- Integrity – Attempt to Fix – Case Study – NZ – Joe Hitchcock – Badminton NZ
- Integrity – Match Manipulation – Case Study – MAS – Michelle Chai – BAM
- Gender Equality – Beyond Ticking the Boxes – Low Beng Chew
- HSBC BWF World Tour – Thomas Lund