The BWF Council will formally propose a suite of changes to enhance the sport at its Annual General Meeting in Bangkok, Thailand on 19 May 2018. The formal proposals will be circulated to the membership on 30 March 2018 together with all other proposals received by 23 February 2018.
At its meeting last November, the BWF Council endorsed a package of initiatives which aims to build significant value for badminton. Some of these initiatives have already been introduced and others are in progress. The BWF Council’s primary focus is to optimise the presentation of badminton at the highest level.
Among the enhancements that requires the AGM’s endorsement in Bangkok in May are:
- A new and enhanced scoring system of 5 to 11.
- A reduction in on-court coaching.
- A service-law change to introduce a fixed height for serves.
Please find on the website the following documents that explains the initiatives and the proposals by Council:
- Letter to the Membership – BWF President, Poul-Erik Høyer.
- Executive Summary – the key points in one page.
- Pictorial – a one page visual explanation.
- ShuttleWorld Special Edition – “Enhancing Badminton’s Future” – which gives details of the innovations, the proposals and the reasons for these.