On 2 March 2015, the BWF announced the election process to replace three (3) members of the BWF Athletes’ Commission whose term is due to expire.
Nominations closed on 20 April 2015. Six nominations were received for the following players (in alphabetical order):
– Shintaro IKEDA(JPN) – Profile
– LEE Yong Dae (KOR) – Profile
– Koen RIDDER(NED) – Profile
– TANG Yuanting (CHN) – Profile
– Prakash VIJAYANATH (RSA) – Profile
– ZHANG Nan (CHN) – Profile
The rules state that the three vacant positions will be decided by an election with:
– the male with the highest number of votes
– the female with the highest number of votes
– the next person with the next highest number of votes.
However, since there was only one female nominated – Tang Yuanting (CHN) – she will automatically go forward as the new female representative on the Athletes’ Commission and take one of the three positions. This leaves five male candidates for the two (2) remaining positions.
The elections will be held on Tuesday 12 May 2015 in Dongguan, China at the Competition Venue of the Sudirman Cup – the exact location will be communicated later.
– Download – All Nominee Profiles
– Download – Election Procedures
– Contact – Stuart Borrie – [email protected]