As you know, the BWF virtual AGM will be held at 1900 / 7:00PM KL time, on Saturday 22 May 2021. Please put this date in your diary!
- Friday 19 February 2021 – Deadline for proposals / nominations for elections
- February / March 2021 – Vetting process for candidates for elections
- Friday 2 April 2021 – Notice – agenda / papers / annual report sent to members
- Friday 16 April 2021 – Deadline for amendments to proposals
- Saturday 22 May 2021 – @ 1900 KL Time – BWF AGM and elections
As per Clause 15.1 of the Constitution, the BWF notified the membership on 30 October 2020, that the exact closing date for proposals and nominations for elections and the seconding of these nominations, is midnight KL time on Friday 19 February 2021.
All information on the AGM is uploaded on the AGM page of the corporate website (linked here).
1. Elections 2021
Elections for the following positions on Council will be held at the virtual AGM 2021:
- Deputy President
- Vice President Para Badminton
- Ordinary Council member (20 positions)
Members in Good Standing can nominate / second candidates for election.
The Seconding Letter from a different Member Association must also be sent to Thomas Lund and Patricia Wong.
Forms A and B must arrive no later than midnight KL time Friday 19 February 2021.
Each candidate must complete Form C – Candidates Declaration, sign this, scan and send this to [email protected]
- Form C – Candidate’s Declaration
Form C must arrive no later than midnight KL time Friday 19 February 2021.
2. Vetting of Candidates for Elections
Appendix II of the BWF constitution – Vetting of Officials – will be initiated for the first time. Under Appendix II of the BWF Constitution, there will be a vetting process undertaken in order to determine a candidates eligibility, against the criteria in Clauses 2.4.1 to 2.4.8 of Appendix II.
- The vetting process involves an external company conducting background checks related to the criteria in Clauses 2.4.1 to 2.4.8 of Appendix II.
- The vetting company will provide a report to the Vetting Panel. This Panel is made up of three independent and external experts.
- All information provided is private and confidential to the Vetting Panel.
- This Panel uses Form B – Candidates Profile, the report from the external company and the criteria in Appendix II (Clauses 2.4.1 to 2.4.8) to determine the eligibility of a candidate for election to the BWF Council.
- The role of the Vetting Panel is to declare candidates “eligible” or “ineligible”.
If the Vetting Panel declares a candidate ineligible, that person has a right of appeal.
Please note that all the information for the AGM 2021 will be posted on the BWF corporate website AGM page (linked here) as these become available.