BWF is delighted to announce that it has released 15 new Para badminton coaching videos as part of its Level 1 Coach Education course material, which is available online at BadmintonWorld.TV
– WHAT: 15 Para badminton coaching videos – wheelchair / standing sport classes
– WHERE: Available now @ https://bit.ly/2POoUEG – see video clips No. 48 – 62
The videos support the concepts outlined in the module on “Coaching Players with Disabilities” which is a new module that was added with the 2nd edition of the Level 1 Coach Education manual (download the Level 1 2nd edition manual free of charge at BWF Education – linked here).
- The approach in both the Level 1 manual and the videos is that the solid coaching practices and processes described in Level 1 should be equally applied in coaching people with a disability / impairment, in keeping with our integrated approach to badminton and Para badminton.
- The videos can be used by coaches and players who are interested in Para badminton training.
- The videos are currently available in English, with Spanish and French coming soon.
- To date, 71 coaches have completed the new Disability Coaching Module.
Please contact John Shearer, Development Manager [email protected] for more information or to provide feedback.